Hughes' reaction to the ol' red nose (MERGED)

jrb

1-0 already to Hughes.

Mark Hughes says Carlos Tevez poster was meant to annoy Sir Alex Ferguson

Carlos-Tevez-poster-001.jpg

Mark Hughes has admitted Manchester City were deliberately trying to antagonise Manchester United with their now‑infamous Carlos Tevez poster campaign but insisted it was just "a bit of fun" and expressed bemusement about Sir Alex Ferguson's increasingly hostile attacks on the club.

From describing City as "all talk" at the time of their takeover to questioning their summer transfer spending, Ferguson has become increasingly outspoken about United's nearest rivals in the last few weeks, culminating in an interview over the weekend in which he branded them a "small club with a small mentality". The United manager was incensed that City had put up a poster in the city centre showing Tevez, his arms outstretched, above the slogan "Welcome to Manchester" – as if he was new to the city.

"It's City isn't it? They are a small club with a small mentality," Ferguson retorted. "All they can talk about is Manchester United; they can't get away from it. That arrogance will be rewarded. It is a go at us, that's the one thing it is. They think taking Carlos Tevez away from Manchester United is a triumph. It is poor stuff."

Hughes, however, pointed out there was a banner in place at Old Trafford since 2002 to poke fun at the number of years since City last won a trophy. "33 Years" is draped behind the goal at the Stretford End, and has changeable numbers so it can be updated at the end of every year.

"The poster campaign in Manchester is a bit of fun between the fans," Hughes said. "It is in a similar vein as the banner at Old Trafford which counts the time span since City's last trophy win. We're glad it's got so many people talking."

Privately, Hughes and his staff regard the fact Ferguson has felt compelled to attack City as a sign that he is taking them more seriously this season than he is willing to let on. Ferguson has questioned whether City have a realistic chance of breaking into the Premier League's top four, insisted that Tevez was not worth his £25m transfer fee, and claimed that players had gone to City purely for the money. He also alleged that Emmanuel Adebayor had invited United and Chelsea to sign him before finalising his move to City.

"Sir Alex Ferguson is a man I hold the utmost respect for and he is fully entitled to his opinion," Hughes responded. "I am very happy with the transfer business Manchester City have conducted this summer, and that the players we have recruited are as excited as I am about the season ahead."

Re: It's Official! 'Tevez Poster Meant To Annoy Fergie' Hughes..

I'd say its 2-0 now, getting purple conk to blow his top, then being so cool and collected when talking about the same subject. Fooking awesome.

:)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1202318/Toure-hit-list-Man-City-look-raid-Arsenal-15m-man.html?ITO=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490</a>

Sir Alex Ferguson is a man I hold the utmost repsect for and he is fully entitled to his opinion. But I am very happy with the transfer business we have conducted this summer and the players we have recruited are as excited as I am about the new season ahead.

‘The poster campaign in Manchester is a bit of fun between fans. It is in a similar vein to the banner at Old Trafford which counts the time span since City’s last trophy win.

‘We are glad it has got so many people talking.’

TFC said:
I'd say its 2-0 now, getting purple conk to blow his top, then being so cool and collected when talking about the same subject. Fooking awesome.

:)

yep...the guy just doesnt know when to keep quiet...he is scared of us...and wont admit it/be seen to admit it

Hughes didn't even mention Ferguson. Daniel Taylor at his very best - trying to make City look petty by targeting him in particular.

bluemanc said:
Getting that 33yr banner thing in the interview is very shrewd,it opens another can of worms.........or wums.

Im glad he brought it up. The amount of clueless rag cunts I have argued with this weekend is unbelievable. Some of the comments;

"Its classless on City's part"
"I'd be ashamed if I was a City fan"

Ashamed? Are you fucking kidding me? Good lord they love their double standards over there dont they?

TFC said:
bluemanc said:
Getting that 33yr banner thing in the interview is very shrewd,it opens another can of worms.........or wums.

Im glad he brought it up. The amount of clueless rag ***** I have argued with this weekend is unbelievable. Some of the comments;

Ashamed? Are you fucking kidding me? Good lord they love their double standards over there dont they?
We had one on here earlier,i'm sure the fucker didn't know it existed.
People will now start asking questions about it & see how much of a hypocrite the fucker is.

bluemanc said:
TFC said:
Im glad he brought it up. The amount of clueless rag ***** I have argued with this weekend is unbelievable. Some of the comments;

We had one on here earlier,i'm sure the fucker didn't know it existed.
People will now start asking questions about it & see how much of a hypocrite the fucker is.

Had the same rant of a red mate tonight. Then I mentioned the 33 year banner at OT. Suddenly the mobile went quiet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.