Hughes' reaction to the ol' red nose (MERGED)

Re: Hughes' reaction to the ol' red nose.

Marketing campains just dont work better than this, UK and probably world press, all for free!!

Well done to City

City 1 Trafford Red Sox 0

Re: It's Official! 'Tevez Poster Meant To Annoy Fergie' Hughes..

A dignified and measured response from Hughes.
Mentioning the banner at the swamp clearly shows
whisky nose up for the hypocrite he is.
2-0 to us.
Ha ha

shadygiz said:
utd are all about hypocrisy mate...they have built their foundations on it, here are just a few to mention: -

1) 33 years banner and yet they have a go at liddle old city for one poster

2) calling city fans bitter and obsessed, yet they sing about us at every oppurtunity

3) splashing out big sums of money on players, breaking UK & in some cases world record bids year after year

4) reigning in all the history of the munchen air crash, whilst systematically turfing out the widows and sons/daughters of those who died in the crash from the manyoo owned houses

5) raking in millions of cash at the same time, whilst only recently paying out paltry sums of compensation to the widows, some widows never saw the cash as it was too late (40+ years after the crash)

6) mounting a huge banner to remember the munchen air crash, whilst having an advertisement for health insurance (AIG) also on the poster

7) saying they would turn the 50th anniversary into a non-sponsored event, whilst systematically wheeling out their ball boys/girls in sponsored kits

i could go on & on & on & on

Excellent post Shady.

But even without all that, i just love the fact we wound the f*ckers up!

PabZab said:
Am I missing something here?

If we payed for a billboard in London with a picture of Rooney and "Welcome to London" then it would be a wind up, to me its just using one of our well known players to welcome people to the city we are from. Its a sly wind up at best, nothing worthy of this.
Eh? How would that be a wind up?

sg5n5g.jpg

Quality response from Hughes - just exposes Baconface for the hypocrite we all know he is. It also implies that Ferguson has undergone a sense of humour bypass, something which is also totally lacking over on Red Cafe as they decided to ban me yesterday for daring to suggest that the poster had achieved its aim of getting under the skin of the Rags. Apparently the reason for my ban was that I was being a "wum". Actually, I was being deadly serious lol.

good article over on F365.com:

<a class="postlink" href="http://football365.com/story/0,17033,13320_5455804,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://football365.com/story/0,17033,13 ... 04,00.html</a>

"One of the more curious sights of last season was Arsene Wenger and Sir Alex Ferguson wearing tuxedos, full of bonhomie and talking of mutual 'respect' at an LMA gala dinner. It was read by many as a very clear indication that one of modern football's more entertaining feuds was over - killed by Arsenal's lack of title threat.

Wenger had now joined Kevin Keegan on a pile of the vanquished and Sir Alex's comments last week - "I know that Arsene doesn't have any money" - can be read as further indication that he no longer sees the Gunners as rivals. It could also be read as a patronising pat on the head and is certainly a million miles away from the ill-disguised ill feeling previously directed towards the Frenchman

That ill feeling has undoubtedly been transferred to Rafa Benitez, with Fergie's ridiculous siding with Sam Allardyce over a supposed disrespectful gesture a very clear sign that the Spaniard had him rattled. That he has brought that up again this week is confusing in the extreme - surely he realised that he came out of that manufactured controversy much worse than his adversary? Obviously not.

Ferguson is an intelligent man who picks his fights - Keegan, Wenger, Jose Mourinho and now Benitez appear on his radar because they threaten Manchester United's charge towards trophies. Carlo Ancelotti will soon appear on that list if Ferguson believes that Chelsea's challenge will be greater this season (this time last summer they were rightly dismissed as an ageing side and Phil Scolari was never deemed worthy of a duel).

He is always unerringly respectful towards the likes of David Moyes, Sam Allardyce and Harry Redknapp because they are not seen as a substantial threat. He feels no need to badmouth Tottenham, Everton or Villa because they are not about to gatecrash his lavish party.

So why acknowledge Manchester City? Why call them a 'small club' (quite apart from the hypocrisy) and then treat them as anything but? Ferguson is not a man to start battles with 'small clubs'. This is the man who saves his ammunition for Real Madrid, Liverpool or Chelsea, who does not even waste missiles by firing them in the direction of fourth-placed Arsenal anymore.

City may have missed out on John Terry this week but they have made one move that should warm the cockles of all their fans - onto the radar of a man who doesn't bother picking fights with also-rans. Congratulations City, you have arrived."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.