Hughes Transfer Strategy ?

Somud

We see all the time how the top 4 clubs buy fantastic players from abroad. Arshavin, Vidic, Skrtel, Torres, Essien, Drogba, Alonso, van Persie etc all came from abroad. Mark Hughes on the other hand tries to get players from the Premier League, but the best ones are out of reach (Terry etc). Shouldn't Mark Hughes soon start try to go for great players without Premiership experience or is he so afraid of losing his job that he tries to minimize any risk which in the end might be the biggest risk?

Re: Is Mark Hughes a coward?

Somud said:
We see all the time how the top 4 clubs buy fantastic players from abroad. Arshavin, Vidic, Skrtel, Essien, Drogba, Alonso, van Persie etc all came from abroad. Mark Hughes on the other hand tries to get players from the Premier League, but the best ones are out of reach (Terry etc). Shouldn't Mark Hughes soon start try to go for great players without Premiership experience or is he so afraid of losing his job that he tries to minimize any risk which in the end might be the biggest risk?

i wish he would get for a few from outside the prem. it is tough getting them in though

no, he is far from a coward. We have a clear transfer plan, getting top players from the top 4 or 5 clubs. We can't take a risk on a player who is unprove in the prem

Hughes knows he doesn't have the luxury of time so buying players from abroad and putting them straight into the first team could be a nightmare for him and his job status. Quite frankly I think the transfer plan he's had this summer has been brilliant.

he knows the importance of hitting the ground running so doesn't really have time for players to get used to the prem. If we were to loose a few games early on then there will be people like you calling for his head.

Somud said:
We see all the time how the top 4 clubs buy fantastic players from abroad. Arshavin, Vidic, Skrtel, Torres, Essien, Drogba, Alonso, van Persie etc all came from abroad. Mark Hughes on the other hand tries to get players from the Premier League, but the best ones are out of reach (Terry etc). Shouldn't Mark Hughes soon start try to go for great players without Premiership experience or is he so afraid of losing his job that he tries to minimize any risk which in the end might be the biggest risk?
There are obvious advantages to buying players with domestic experience. They are more expensive, but that is not a problem for us

If you are overhauling a team, you can't wait 6 months for an overseas player to adapt. It's a big enough job with domestic players

What a ridiculous thing to say. Most of the top 4 go for players from other countries because a) They are readily available b) They come at a decent price...and c) Proven premiership players are hard to come by and even harder to prise from their clubs. Now we have massive financial backing we can afford AND attract proven PL players and therefore Hughes would be an idiot to go for a lot of the unproven european players!

You only have to look at Rooney, Lampard, Joe Cole, Glen Johnson etc to see all big clubs buy from the PL and look at Shevchenko, Veron etc to see how buying abroad can be a massive fuck up.

As my gran once said...WIND YER NECK IN SON!

daview.jpg

"A-teeeeeeeeen-shun!"
whore.jpg

When we have a top quality side that has produced the goods over a long period of time then I'm sure Hughes will "gamble" on a player from outside the PL. If my job and reputation were on the line I'd want proven players cos for every Torres there is a Veron.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.