Hughes Transfer Strategy ?

Re: Is Mark Hughes a coward?

Somud said:
We see all the time how the top 4 clubs buy fantastic players from abroad. Arshavin, Vidic, Skrtel, Torres, Essien, Drogba, Alonso, van Persie etc all came from abroad. Mark Hughes on the other hand tries to get players from the Premier League, but the best ones are out of reach (Terry etc). Shouldn't Mark Hughes soon start try to go for great players without Premiership experience or is he so afraid of losing his job that he tries to minimize any risk which in the end might be the biggest risk?

A coward no, that is very harsh mate.

I do however know for a fact that his insistence on all things prem proven is because he knows that the team has to perform this year, no second chances.

So in that respect i can see the reluctance in going for untested players

bobmcfc said:
Somud said:
We see all the time how the top 4 clubs buy fantastic players from abroad. Arshavin, Vidic, Skrtel, Essien, Drogba, Alonso, van Persie etc all came from abroad. Mark Hughes on the other hand tries to get players from the Premier League, but the best ones are out of reach (Terry etc). Shouldn't Mark Hughes soon start try to go for great players without Premiership experience or is he so afraid of losing his job that he tries to minimize any risk which in the end might be the biggest risk?

i wish he would get for a few from outside the prem. it is tough getting them in though

Would it be tough to get Arshavin from Zenit, Vidic from Spartak Moscow, Skrtel from Zenit, Alonso from Sociedad, Alex from PSV, Bosingwa from Porto etc etc? There are plenty of fish out there in Europe. That's how the big 4 operate. Is it really that tough for City?

Somud said:
We see all the time how the top 4 clubs buy fantastic players from abroad. Arshavin, Vidic, Skrtel, Torres, Essien, Drogba, Alonso, van Persie etc all came from abroad. Mark Hughes on the other hand tries to get players from the Premier League, but the best ones are out of reach (Terry etc). Shouldn't Mark Hughes soon start try to go for great players without Premiership experience or is he so afraid of losing his job that he tries to minimize any risk which in the end might be the biggest risk?
We see all the time how the top 4 clubs buy fantastic players from abroad
You are very silly.

Is he a coward for going to the tried and trusted - no

Does he, for the good of the club need to move out of his comfort zone more often when it comes to players - yes.

Andouble said:
Hughes knows he doesn't have the luxury of time so buying players from abroad and putting them straight into the first team could be a nightmare for him and his job status. Quite frankly I think the transfer plan he's had this summer has been brilliant.

I quite agree
His job is hard enough without trying to get players used to the prem.

When we've reached the top then we can experiment with overseas talent.

it is all well and good adding players from out side of the prem when your team is established and the core is in place,which i expect us to do in a few years when only a couple of players may be required each pre season, as city are not going to buy players like they have this pre season again as it should not be necessary

city could go out and sign any player from any club in any league within reason, but how do we know that these players would suit the climate, the pace of the league, that there family will settle etc there are many outside factors that come into play

for me hughes by signing proven prem players will have none of the above excuses to use if it does not happen for us this season so for me he has been honest with his signings

What a stupid thread title.I despair sometimes.

Somud said:

sorry to be harsh but you are bloody clueless if this is your reason for thinking hughes is a coward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.