Hughes Transfer Strategy ?

Re: Is Mark Hughes a coward?

The thing to bear in mind is that Hughes is trying to accelerate the process of bridging the gap in 1 pre-season by bringing in 6-8 players in one window, It is obviously less of a rsk to get such a learge number of players working together if they are already use the league/country/language etc. If it works out well this cming season I am sure Hughes will bring players from overseas as well has he did successfully at Blackburn.
As its stands this season, money isn't an object so he he dead right on minimising the risk.

rnmcfc said:
Andouble said:
Hughes knows he doesn't have the luxury of time so buying players from abroad and putting them straight into the first team could be a nightmare for him and his job status. Quite frankly I think the transfer plan he's had this summer has been brilliant.

I quite agree
His job is hard enough without trying to get players used to the prem.

When we've reached the top then we can experiment with overseas talent.

Well, we have already experimented with Bridge and Bellamy. Do you think they have been massive successes while De Jong has been a massive failure? Or was the rags' purchase of premiership proven Berbatov a better investment than the cheaper Torres from the Spanish league? Every purchase is an experiment. But the fact is that when the top players like Terry are unreachable, Hughes should realize that there are great players abroad who could do a better job than players with Premiership experience.

RobbieBrewer said:
What a stupid thread title.I despair sometimes.
I despaired this morning when an EDITOR of a large website, published an article about us that contained numerous errors, the least of which was this - "upping the anti".

It's "ante" you plank...prior, not against. This kind of shit is really starting to piss me off.

"It's just football".

It's just your own fucking language!

Brucie Bonus said:
RobbieBrewer said:
What a stupid thread title.I despair sometimes.
I despaired this morning when an EDITOR of a large website, published an article about us containing numerous errors, the least of which was this - "upping the anti".

It's "ante" you plank...prior, not against. This kind of shit is really starting to piss me off.

"It's just football".

It's just your own fucking language!

It's just your own fucking language....own fucking language...it's just your own fucking language...own fucking....

Sorry but i just couldnt help but sing that BB.

Think it will catch on lol?

Somud said:
rnmcfc said:
I quite agree
His job is hard enough without trying to get players used to the prem.

When we've reached the top then we can experiment with overseas talent.

Well, we have already experimented with Bridge and Bellamy. Do you think they have been massive successes while De Jong has been a massive failure? Or was the rags' purchase of premiership proven Berbatov a better investment than the cheaper Torres from the Spanish league? Every purchase is an experiment. But the fact is that when the top players like Terry are unreachable, Hughes should realize that there are great players abroad who could do a better job than players with Premiership experience.

you're so wrong.

I would take a PROVEN PL player any day before i take a chance on a forign import!

Which Prem clubs did Zabaleta, Robinho, Kompany and de Jong come from?

No, in my opinion Hughes has a brilliant transfer strategy.

Take quality, premiership hardened players from your direct rivals, therefore allowing your team to gel quickly and hit the ground running, while also weakening the teams around you.

i cant get my head around some people! starting on the manager , already questioning our transfers! lets get a grip and just recap who we have bought,

adebayor
tevez
toure
barry
rsc
taylor.

all of which have prem experience!! and all of them he has brought of our main rivals and have weakened their them (taylor apart) and all top class (taylor apart but a more then capable replacment for given). if your worried about not buying by outside the prem just look at the season before with erricsons buys started well and then driffted off!

this is the best transfer window we have ever had and imo possibly couldnt of gone any better or we could of hoped for!

calling MH a coward is completely ridiculous!!! this could be the best season we have ever had in PL and some people are trying to destroy it already!

.......... sorry but that comment just really annoyed me!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.