Hughes Transfer Strategy ?

Both replies to my originating post make very valid points and therefore I do not disagree.

You can start "defending" with the forwards ... and you can start "attacking" with your defenders .... and both of them can go through mid field (some of the time at least) ... and have we done enough, in the context of the earlier post to improve our capability in all three areas so much so that we represent a "frightening" prospect to our competitors. (When we played Chelsea at CoMS last season, after we scored first, their mid filed was "frightening.)

I'm not sure we have. The games so far have given no indication so I am really interested to see us up the tempo tonight as Sparky has intimated.

I'll also look for evidence of Sparky making perverse decisions ... such as keeping playing Tal Ben Haim (wasn't he one of the gang of three last season?) ... or rather I'll look for evidence that he's going to stop making perverse decisions which would be much better.

Erm, I think I've gone offf at a tangent now .. so I'll stop.

Cheers

wrongun73 said:
portisheadblue said:
Spoke too soon ... just seen that Etuhu plays and starts tonight...!!!!
why the fuck is he still here!

I actually quite like Etuhu, but to be honest if things don't happen for him this season I can see him being sold in the summer.

I also held high hopes for Shaleum Logan as well. I thought he looked a fairly decent prospect two seasons ago when we played Bristol City (I think it was them.... you know when Bianchi and Mpenza scored).

Does seem highly reluctant this summer to bring in anyone from outside the Premier League, probably on the basis he knows he has at best one more season to prove the doubters and the fans wrong so he wants to bring people in who know the Premier League and isn't willing to take the big gambles on relative unknowns outside the Premier League. There's definitely quality at CB outside the PL, but he won't risk it.

Somud said:
Defence is much more than just the defenders!

Yes, and we've strengthened our midfield with Barry. Unless you think that dejong and kompany are ineffective DMF players?

I'll quote this stat again so its clear that our back four is the problem, if you couldn't work it out already..

Of the 50, yes 50 goals we conceded last season, 24 of them were from 6 yards or less. That means that roughly half the goals scored against us we done right under our defenders noses.

smiles said:
Somud said:
Defence is much more than just the defenders!

Yes, and we've strengthened our midfield with Barry. Unless you think that dejong and kompany are ineffective DMF players?

I'll quote this stat again so its clear that our back four is the problem, if you couldn't work it out already..

Of the 50, yes 50 goals we conceded last season, 24 of them were from 6 yards or less. That means that roughly half the goals scored against us we done right under our defenders noses.

My answer to that would be how did the ball get there in the first place?

Danamy said:
smiles said:

My answer to that would be how did the ball get there in the first place?

If you think our midfield is inadequate then you're entitled to your opinion. I personally believe our biggest weakness is our back four, in particular our CBs. As does MH by all accounts...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.