Hughes Transfer Strategy ?

smiles said:
Danamy said:
My answer to that would be how did the ball get there in the first place?

If you think our midfield is inadequate then you're entitled to your opinion. I personally believe our biggest weakness is our back four, in particular our CBs. As does MH by all accounts...

I think it's the formation that catches us out at times as it doesn't protect our back four on occasions.
For the record i do also think we need another CB, Lescott would be ideal and be the final piece of the jigsaw.

Danamy said:
smiles said:
If you think our midfield is inadequate then you're entitled to your opinion. I personally believe our biggest weakness is our back four, in particular our CBs. As does MH by all accounts...

I think it's the formation that catches us out at times as it doesn't protect our back four on occasions.
For the record i do also think we need another CB, Lescott would be ideal and be the final piece of the jigsaw.

Fair enough. I was of the same opinion, but I'm increasingly concerned about our fullbacks. I don't think its a bad situation but we can definitely do better.

I think its our lack of formation thats the problem too, we don't seem to stay in formation which suggests confusion over roles. It gets even worse once we bring players on from the bench.

smiles said:
Danamy said:

Fair enough. I was of the same opinion, but I'm increasingly concerned about our fullbacks. I don't think its a bad situation but we can definitely do better.

I think its our lack of formation thats the problem too, we don't seem to stay in formation which suggests confusion over roles. It gets even worse once we bring players on from the bench.

What makes me laugh is when people say our defence is put under pressure due to our fullbacks not being good enough and then suggest Maicon as a possible replacement. If you want zero cover at full-back then he's your man. He couldn't defend his way out of a wet paper bag! ;)

Just reflecting on what Sparky said yesterday in his press conference (not the actual quotes)

1 .... you don't expcet Craig bellamy to play three times in a week ...!!! Well we expect every one else to do so .. so why did we buy him ... and doesn't that make him the prima donna of all time.

2 ... RSC trains every day .. but not with the group ... that is still over two weeks away ... then he has to get fit ... So when will he ever play for us? How did he pass the medical (after the last medical team all left ...???).

So that's a quick £32M to acquire and at least £8m a year between them in wages. WTFGO?

That means our main line strike force is Adebayor and Benjani...?????

Thank goodness for Robinho and Tevez.

portisheadblue said:
Just reflecting on what Sparky said yesterday in his press conference (not the actual quotes)

1 .... you don't expcet Craig bellamy to play three times in a week ...!!! Well we expect every one else to do so .. so why did we buy him ... and doesn't that make him the prima donna of all time.

2 ... RSC trains every day .. but not with the group ... that is still over two weeks away ... then he has to get fit ... So when will he ever play for us? How did he pass the medical (after the last medical team all left ...???).

So that's a quick £32M to acquire and at least £8m a year between them in wages. WTFGO?

That means our main line strike force is Adebayor and Benjani...?????

Thank goodness for Robinho and Tevez.

Bellers will be a fine impact player coming on from the bench, one of the best in the league for this. RSC passed the medical because even though he'd had an operation it was judged to have been a success so now he's through his re-hab and is training to get his fitness back having been on crutches for a few months. What's the problem? Love all these pessimistic posts, makes me full of the joys of life. ;)

Fuzzmaster101 said:
Bellers will be a fine impact player coming on from the bench, one of the best in the league for this.

He's never been any good as a sub, his best form has always been after a run of matches, and playing 90 minutes.

This thread is "Hughes Transfer Strategy?" ... and I bring attention to the ? on the end. I think it invites comment and discussion on what Sparky's strategy is.

The Objective, presumabley, is to win the World Club Championship .. to do that you need to win the Champions League .. and to do that you have to finish in Top 4 of Premiership.

A reasonable way of doing that is to analyze your current shortcomings - and fix them. The "fix" part of the strategy is to buy experienced Premier Leagus players from the current top 4 or clubs that finished higher than us (and these tend to be Intenationals too).

No problem whatsoever with that. But who do you buy.

Priority 1 ... fix defence. We tried long and hard on Terry - to no avail. Now we are trying Lescott ... and of course we have got Kolo .... should be a good buy ... BUT .. that's it so far.

Priority 2 ... get rid of the deadwood. No problem with any of the departures (except Elano) and await the going of TBH and Benjani and Etuhu.

Priority 3 .... boost midfield ... Gareth Barry signing is real class ... and we will miss Elano ... however we don't have a "frightening" midfield unlike, say, Chelsea. We don't have physicality or pace.

Priority 4 .... supplement our strike power ... well we have done this in spades ... but there must be doubts regarding Bellamy and RSC after what Sparky said yesterday.

So far so good but we need more at the back .... and there are 24 days left to fix it ... here's hoping.

moomba said:
Fuzzmaster101 said:
Bellers will be a fine impact player coming on from the bench, one of the best in the league for this.

He's never been any good as a sub, his best form has always been after a run of matches, and playing 90 minutes.

Well said we paid 12mil for a benchwarmer MH panic bought don't know why? Has he done the same with RSC

I think MH's has been to a little short sighted when it has come to signing CBs. I feel he has taken it as far as he can with trying to buy top PL CB's... bar Hangerland who doesn't seem to be a target of ours, which is crazy. I don't see why we couldn't buy a top CB from say Germany, Kompany and Dejong have adapted well.

mark hughes ..he dont know nuffin...1st you gotta press start then x then if that dont work press o.followed bythe square,now if this dont work press options and start again,its easy mark, come on..............head is now in hands

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.