Boateng £10.5m
Y. Toure £24m
Silva £24m
Kolarov £17m
Balotelli £22m
Milner £16m + Ireland

IMO it's Mancini

MANCINI IN

Thats all well and good, but are we any better off with what you say are better signings so far? The answer, as it stands, is no we're not. If come May 2011 we are 4th, (which won't reflect our squad), or higher well then yes, Mancini's signings will be proven to have been the better ones. If we finish 5th or lower, then they will have been proven to have been worse signings. Now isn't the time to judge though but as it stands, those signings, (as great as I know they are), are not proving to be any better than Hughes' signings.

(Also, if you think Robinho was Hughes' choice, you are wrong)

Pigeonho said:
Thats all well and good, but are we any better off with what you say are better signings so far? The answer, as it stands, is no we're not. If come May 2011 we are 4th, (which won't reflect our squad), or higher well then yes, Mancini's signings will be proven to have been the better ones. If we finish 5th or lower, then they will have been proven to have been worse signings. Now isn't the time to judge though but as it stands, those signings, (as great as I know they are), are not proving to be any better than Hughes' signings.

And likewise Johnson wasn`t Bobbys ! Although I`m not complaining,but I do understand where you`re coming from with Robinho.

Pigeonho said:

this just about gets it right unlike a thread to have yet another go at hughes only thing i would add was we didn,t get to see whether his squad would have finished 4th

I do believe you can judge them as individuals as well as on their results as a team. But you are right; strictly speaking, we aren't any better off at the moment.

Trouble is, it's far to early to call any of them. And of course, 3 of them have started half a dozen games between them, because of injuries. All appear fully functional now, I suppose we could have another RSC in there but he had extensive previous injury problems (even having an operation a couple of months before we brought him).

He has brought more foreign based players as well - shame that three of them were injured immediately, they have missed a couple of months of on-pitch acclimatisation. Yaya picked up a thigh strain as well. After a good start, he's been slated for his fitness on here but I think that's the real reason behind it.

What I will say goes in Mancini's favour, is that the average age of his signings is much lower. Mark Hughes signed 27-28 year olds by the bucketload; you can only ever lose money on the fee. I still think this is where he lost the board; they knew FFPP was coming, he was still intent on going after the Upson's and Parker's of the world.

That age factor, and the lack of playing time for the new guys, is one reason I am more hopeful that the next stage of the season will be more productive this time around. Hughes' went for experienced prem players, of a certain age, with the avowed idea of hitting the ground running. As far as I am concerned, Mancini has taken more risks, intent on keeping his head above water in the short term, with the intention of kicking on strongly as the foreign boys acclimatise and the team forms in the next month or two. It might not materialise, but it's too early to call.

The injuries to the two new fullbacks disrupted things; he formed a different, more defensive team with two wide attacking players and defensive fullbacks. It got him far enough. I believe Wolves was the first effort with the new system. It didn't work, but things often don't go right the first time out. Remember the first half at Spurs, then how much more organised they looked against Liverpool? Same system, same players (except one), but the details had been ironed out.

One other thing; Marwood confirmed last month that he proposed Victor Moses as well as AJ to Mancini. It was Mancini's call to take AJ.

hughes bought tevez and imo at the minute he is our team so hughes edges it, bobby is a farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr better manager though

Not fair to judge. How much have we seen of Kolarov, Boateng and Balotelli? Fuck all.

Even Silva (who already looks the dogs fookin bollocks and THE guy who the team should be built around)) Yaya and Milner haven't had time to bed in properly yet (even if I think we've been ripped off - Lescott style - with Milner)

With that said, Mancini's signings are the kind of signings I would have made( young and technically gifted).

I hate this Mancini v Hughes bullshit. It's absolutely fooking laughable that there are people out there who are even contemplating sacking Mancini. Yes. he's conservative and new to the English game, and I'd agree that you need to be a bit more gungho in the Premier League than Mancini is currently, but he wants to be a success here and, given time, he will add an attacking verve to his pretty much rock solid defensive tactics. Come on, do we remember before Mancini came how we used to shit it when the opposition used to get a corner against us (it was akin to giving a penalty). He knows football. Have we seen Andy Gray criticising Mancini's zonal marking system like he did with Benitez every week? No - because Mancini is a good tactician (when was the last time we gave away a goal from a corner? - I honestly can't remember). All successful teams are first and foremost built upon a solid backline. Mancini has given us that. Do people really think that Roberto Mancini - a genius of an attacking footballer - doesn't want to score loads of goals and entertainn?

I'd go on but I realise that I'm ranting so I'll stop.

Forza Bobby Manc!!!

tevezskeen said:
Who spent there money most wisely
since the takeover so SWP Jo and Kompany don't count for example

Hughes

Robinho £32.5m don't think hughes knew much about this
Bridge £12m all knew we needed a left back this a'int come off tho
de Jong £17m top top player
Bellamy £14m decent buy
Given £5.7m decent buy
Barry £12m not sure
Taylor FREE back up goalie free
Santa Cruz £17.5m disaster
K. Toure £16m decent signing
Tevez £25.5m one of these best signing we've ever made simply brilliant
Adebayor £25m good on his day just needs to have more good days not sure
Sylvinho FREE decent for nothing no longer here
Lescott £24m thought he was coming good last season, got injured not been same

Mancini

Vieira FREE good for free might make a decent coach
A. Johnson £7m good signing was it a done deal before mancini arrived
Boateng £10.5m looks good not seen enough thru injury
Y. Toure £24m looks dis interested hope wrong
Silva £24m top top player probably bobbies best
Kolarov £17m good tho again injured more of season
Balotelli £22m not sure again injured
Milner £16m + Ireland good game against liverpool not set the world on fire since

IMO it's Mancini i'm not to sure hope its you who's right

MANCINI IN

Hughes easily. We have tevez kompany and de jong. That is the spine of the team right there. And when 2 of them dont play look what happens to us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.