Hughes vs Mancini: TRANSFERS

If you include Jo, Zab, Kompany and SWP (no reason not to imo) then Mancini has spent about a third of what Hughes has. Whilst Hughes signings in the main were a bit shit and way overpriced he did buy a couple of beauty's, the best of which are Kompany, Tevez and De Jong. Let's not go overboard though, he spent about £270m looking at those figures and so 3/4 players out of that will be seen as a failure imo.

I reckon Mancini's players will come good once they're all fit and playing in their correct positions. I reckon it will be at least another month before we're playing to our abilities.

those who do not want to admit that the majority of hughes signings are nothing short of hallucinatory is clearly in bad faith.

and those purchases were the main reason for his sack. it seems obvious to me

with the money hughes spent you could buy several of the best youth of the world , not finished "premier league proved" old shit.

None of Hart, Kompany, De Jong and Tevez were signed by Mancini and they're the heartbeat of the Team - but good Players are good Players.

I think the only mistake RM has made up to now is Yaya Toure.People may say he needs time to settle and get used to the league,but it's more a question of attitude for me.I can see trouble ahead with this fella and his brother.

anymore than 2sheiks said:
I think the only mistake RM has made up to now is Yaya Toure.People may say he needs time to settle and get used to the league,but it's more a question of attitude for me.I can see trouble ahead with this fella and his brother.

I wasn't sure if anyone else would mention this. I'm still not sure what to make of him. He likes to take the ball forwards and he's a physical player - but I really don't know if he's the right man for us in a 3 man midfield with Barry and De Jong.

Yaya was linked with City for a year. Mancini was just following the deal with support from his Transfer Team.

Yaya can not yet be considered a flop or mistake. He was very good at times earlier in the season and IMO Man of the Match against Juve. However, the signs are there that he may not settle in here but stranger turnarounds have happened.

yaya it is absurd to discuss.
if you want you can yaya sell now, Inter and Bayern buy it now and you lose very little money.
barry bridge SWP or RSC who do you think want buy them ?

IMO an interesting question but a slightly absurd one (no disrepect to the OP).

When Mancini arrived he looked at the squad he had and added to it with more creative players.

How many of you on here would have loved us to sign Silva and two quality fullbacks during Hughes reign? Similarly if we had signed those players under Hughes and Kompany and DeJong were available do you not think that RM would have been straight in there?

In my view Hughes consistantly failed to strengthen midfiled, possibly in the belief that Ireland could carry the team, when all of us could see that we were well short in that department.

So far, and I reserve judgement, RM seems to have looked at who can improve the team rather than who is available.

I agree with an earlier comment that Hughes is capable of spotting a good player that none of us have heard of but, if true, his insistance on signing crocky to prove that he was in charge shows a lack of self belief I doubt you will find in Mancini.

Naws said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
It's a shame cos hughes has a decent eye for a good transfer and displayed this with us when he signed Vince for £6 million and Zab for around the same price. It was just that when we were in the relegation zone at christmas he completely bottled it and started going for extremely overpriced 'prem proven' players.

This is exactly the case. I think you'll see a few gems come to Fulham over the next couple of windows. Salcido already looks like a decent full back.

Yeah but he brought WAYNE BRIDGE to city, for how much?

Mancio said:
yaya it is absurd to discuss.
if you want you can yaya sell now, Inter and Bayern buy it now and you lose very little money.
barry bridge SWP or RSC who do you think want buy them ?
Not that absurd really.He apparently questioned the teams winning mentality.This after another abject performance from the man himself.When he signed,I was expecting the driving runs and long range shots we saw at Barca and he generally read the game very well.He shouldn't need time to settle in if he's as good as we were led to believe.Villa and Eto seem to be able to change clubs and hit the ground running.I'd prefer to see Milner in the MF alongside Dejong because even thogh milner hasn't YET hit top form by any means,he doesn't hide and point the finger at others.If we bought Torres and a top quality RB,that we make us complete.(I see Boateng as Kompany's CB partner).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.