Hugo Larsson

Spoke to an agent friend of mine, apparently we are showing a keen interest in Hugo Larsson. We are watching him today and have watched him at least 3 times before.

He is the most talented Swedish midfielder I have seen in the last 20-30 years. His playing style is a bit like Sergej Milinković-Savić at Lazio.

The boy looks good in sky blue

Sounds good but we need to be careful about anointing anyone the most talented footballer from (insert country) in generations, there was a Swedish kid I saw a good 15 years back called Albin Ekdal he looked a future world beater so confident and assured, whether for Sweden youths and domestically in central/attacking midfield or out wide at 16/17 he looked a top talent... So much so Juve signed him big things were expected but he couldn't transfer his performances to a big league, he since became a fairly solid decent player operating in deeper roles mid table quality at best far from his early promise.

If this kid Larsson is anything like Sergej Milinkovic-Savic we should defo be interested in him, never understood why he stayed at Lazio so long they obviously slapped a massive fee on him, they scared off other clubs but he could've done a top job at any big club I reckon.

This kid still only in the Swedish league which could mean a great bargain, the only issue that we could face is he might prefer a move to a lessor team to guarantee game time.

Spoke to an agent friend of mine, apparently we are showing a keen interest in Hugo Larsson. We are watching him today and have watched him at least 3 times before.

He is the most talented Swedish midfielder I have seen in the last 20-30 years. His playing style is a bit like Sergej Milinković-Savić at Lazio.

The boy looks good in sky blue

Saw enough in about 5 seconds to say sign him up. There's more than enough there for Pep to work with.

Sounds good but we need to be careful about anointing anyone the most talented footballer from (insert country) in generations, there was a Swedish kid I saw a good 15 years back called Albin Ekdal he looked a future world beater so confident and assured, whether for Sweden youths and domestically in central/attacking midfield or out wide at 16/17 he looked a top talent... So much so Juve signed him big things were expected but he couldn't transfer his performances to a big league, he since became a fairly solid decent player operating in deeper roles mid table quality at best far from his early promise.

If this kid Larsson is anything like Sergej Milinkovic-Savic we should defo be interested in him, never understood why he stayed at Lazio so long they obviously slapped a massive fee on him, they scared off other clubs but he could've done a top job at any big club I reckon.

This kid still only in the Swedish league which could mean a great bargain, the only issue that we could face is he might prefer a move to a lessor team to guarantee game time.
Yeah I agree with your general assesment. and the swedes we had on the books did not tear up any trees as well. Remember Guidetti :-), who was higly regarded and Isaksson that was highly rated by Juve back in the day. Albin’s brother Hjalmar will play in the PL next season with Burnley though so might have been the wrong sibling.

The agent himself has played in the PL and says this guy is on par with Jonas Thern talent wise which is not too bad since had decent career.

Hugo has also switched agent recently and he will be the m pst expesnsive sale when he leaves Malmo eclipsing the sale of Zlatan to Ajax.

Yeah I agree with your general assesment. and the swedes we had on the books did not tear up any trees as well. Remember Guidetti :-), who was higly regarded and Isaksson that was highly rated by Juve back in the day. Albin’s brother Hjalmar will play in the PL next season with Burnley though so might have been the wrong sibling.

The agent himself has played in the PL and says this guy is on par with Jonas Thern talent wise which is not too bad since had decent career.

Hugo has also switched agent recently and he will be the m pst expesnsive sale when he leaves Malmo eclipsing the sale of Zlatan to Ajax.

Think Guidetti was extremely unlucky with that illness lost a lot with that unfortunately.

Great highlight reel it truly is keep rewatching it to see his calmness under pressure, and his desire to get/keep the ball too he wants constant involvement, if he's got stamina you can tell the kid possesses potential qualities to play at a high level one day, as long as his hunger to improve stays there and he wants constant improvement a rare quality these days, if he has a great attitude we should be all over any move... Any ideas on the fee?

Sounds good but we need to be careful about anointing anyone the most talented footballer from (insert country) in generations.

I'm making myself sound a bit hypocritical here but his touch and ability to lure challenges and embarrass opponents, it reminds me of Redondo and Prosinecki the timing always seems perfect if he does it constantly then his development should be fun to see, based on this video it's like he has a built in radar he has potential world class qualities it's clear to see. There still needs to be caution obviously but any kid who can show these kind of (radar type) qualities this Hugo Larsson is, should be and unsurprisingly are on our radar according to @tolmie's hairdoo.

The fact he's already playing in sky blue in this compilation is also very easy on the eye (-:

You are totally right and it’s big news in Swedish newspapers today that he has changed agents and that a move might soon be on the cards. Hasan Cetinkaya the new agent has many players in the Swedish national team.

He/Malmö turned down an offer of about €10m from Bournemouth recently which was quite remarkable as he would already with that fee be the most expensive signing from the Swedish top league, eclipsing both Zlatan and Isak. That they feel that he is worth more and that both club and player reject that move is quite telling, especially as it would be a new Swedish record. Malmö can afford to do so being the only Swedish team (twice) in CL the last 20+ years and head and shoulders above the rest financially.

On a sidenote, Ekdal had a decent career although not being anywhere near our level ofc

Sign him. If he isn't good enough, he gets sold and it was a decent punt. All you want to know really is does his signing upset the balance of the other prospects.

Your friend is Martin Dahlin, admit it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.