Hull (a) Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dippers game is five days after Hull which means we don't need to rest our best players for the Hull game as you suggest.
Here's me thinking it was two days after lol. Yep, full strength is the way to go!

8 days between Arsenal and Hull- play best available 11, no resting player.
5 days between Hull and Liverpool - play best available 11, no resting players.
2 days between Liverpool and Burnley - play freshest 11, rest ones who are exhausted after securing maximum points*.
4 days between Burnley and WHU - play a mix of 2/3 youth players with strongest other available first team players.
9 days between WHU and Dippers everyone should hopefully be fit and raring to go.

*hopefully*

I'm not buying the rest players argument. Just ease off on training over the busy periods. Focus more on tactics and educating players in the classroom at these times. They are clearly good enough at this stage.

Leicester last year and Chelsea this year have shown the consistency you get with playing your best team (granted they don't have chumps league to contend with).

Strongest team please Pep

Remember Bullard and his celebration after scoring the penalty that made it 1-1 at the Etihad. Strongest team, let's smash this lot, take no chances

Leicester last year and Chelsea this year have shown the consistency you get with playing your best team (granted they don't have chumps league to contend with).
Chelsea and Leicester players have around 20-30% fewer games than us at this stage, I would argue that this shows how much having rested players helps.
Ferguson who though I dislike the guy it has to be admitted was very successful was always very particular about resting players, Fatigue is often cumulative and though I think Pep could have done with a slightly more settled defense I think resting players is vital.

8 days between Arsenal and Hull- play best available 11, no resting player.
5 days between Hull and Liverpool - play best available 11, no resting players.
2 days between Liverpool and Burnley - play freshest 11, rest ones who are exhausted after securing maximum points*.
4 days between Burnley and WHU - play a mix of 2/3 youth players with strongest other available first team players.
9 days between WHU and Dippers everyone should hopefully be fit and raring to go.

*hopefully*
I like the Christmas games as a fan, but it is a bit mad playing Liverpool away then 48 hours later playing another game.

The Burnley game is the difficult one rest wise. But they'll be in the same position.

I like the Christmas games as a fan, but it is a bit mad playing Liverpool away then 48 hours later playing another game.

The Burnley game is the difficult one rest wise. But they'll be in the same position.

I agree, but this is why we have spent so much money in the past few years,
We are supposedly the best prepared for such situations over the course of the year due to having a wealth of talent and a squad packed with quality, but it is not really the case

One thing is for sure, we cannot moan about having a tired squad against Burnley when they (along with Hull, who we also happen to play during this period), have the smallest squad and tightest budget in the league

We have to be more ruthless over this period than ever before and show why this lot are here, and why they arent at a side like burnley or hull. 3 wins from 3 is crucial if we want to win the league, and I have no idea if its possible considering Anfield will be buzzing on NYE
The worst thing would be to win at hull and liverpool, only to fu** it up against Burnley

I agree, but this is why we have spent so much money in the past few years,
We are supposedly the best prepared for such situations over the course of the year due to having a wealth of talent and a squad packed with quality, but it is not really the case

One thing is for sure, we cannot moan about having a tired squad against Burnley when they (along with Hull, who we also happen to play during this period), have the smallest squad and tightest budget in the league

We have to be more ruthless over this period than ever before and show why this lot are here, and why they arent at a side like burnley or hull. 3 wins from 3 is crucial if we want to win the league, and I have no idea if its possible considering Anfield will be buzzing on NYE
The worst thing would be to win at hull and liverpool, only to fu** it up against Burnley

No the worst thing would be to lose all three :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.