Hull City post match thread

Ducado said:
Len Rum said:
Bluemoon230989 said:
Well said pal, the whiners on here won't be happy unless we win every game 10-0.
Our performances against both Cardiff and Hull weren't just slightly below par,they were rank and indicative of systemic problems that aren't likely to be solved in the near future. If you're happy with that,fine , but if we carry on playing this way we'll be out of the Champs league and mid table by October. Let's revisit the subject after the derby.I sincerely hope by then you're taking the piss out of me.

I think that's an very overly gloomy prognosis of the situation, we actually played a lot better in the 2nd half, and it was the defending that undid us at Cardiff
Fair play. I want to be wrong and I hope you're right. I still have a smidgen of hope that it'll come good.

OB1 said:
Stoned Rose said:
I asked for them as I knew where you'd go with them. Which you did.

I answered your questions with answers you can't dispute. Hence you now taking your ball home.

Bless.

Ah we;l decided to bring my ball back. Taking your hypothetical point back to reality, Huddlestone didn't create four chances; he's credited with creating one and that was a pass well outside the box. Your reading of the game should have been able to tell you that Hull had less chances than City and their best one came about because of a Nastasic interception falling to Aluko in midfield.

I asked you to educate me as to why Huddlestone bossed midfield and you have singularly failed to do so. You claim to have answered some of my questions that intimate why he might not, IMO, have bossed midfield because of where I was going with stats about chances; except I don't need the stats about chances: I can list numerous good City chances from memory of the game, from things like Aguero dancing through the box and chipping tamely into McGregor's arms to Nasty nearly getting onto a late pass from Nasri into the six yard area (that won't appear in the chance stats but was one).

Chances was just one thing I threw in your direction. I view bossing the midfield as having a discernible positive influence on the game, yet Hull had less chances, less territorial advantage, less possession and no goals. However, a guy who completed 37 passes for Hull bossed the midfield. So what the devil did he do to boss midfield, keep the score down? Whoopee fucking do.

Yaya, who didn't boss the game, still did more to influence the game with two touches: an excellent pass out of defence as part of the move that created the first goal and a pearler of a free kick.

Now, where's my ball?

Bossing midfield is about having a positive influence on the midfield area (seems we kind of agree on this bit).

Bossing is not just about 'completing passes' in fact I would argue it isn't really about that at all. For instance Lescott (a defender I know but it illustrates my point) completes a lot of passes but they are usually little sideways jobs. He completes a lot of passes but so what?

For me it's more about breaking the opposition's midfield down, being first to loose balls, winning midfield tackles and headers, stopping the opponent playing and claiming territory. The sort of thing NDJ used to do and the sort of thing Gerrard did brilliantly for dippers today.

Your ball's in my back yard and you aint getting it back ;)

Stoned Rose said:
Bossing midfield is about having a positive influence on the midfield area (seems we kind of agree on this bit).

Bossing is not just about 'completing passes' in fact I would argue it isn't really about that at all. For instance Lescott (a defender I know but it illustrates my point) completes a lot of passes but they are usually little sideways jobs. He completes a lot of passes but so what?

For me it's more about breaking the opposition's midfield down, being first to loose balls, winning midfield tackles and headers, stopping the opponent playing and claiming territory. The sort of thing NDJ used to do and the sort of thing Gerrard did brilliantly for dippers today.

Your ball's in my back yard and you aint getting it back ;)

Ha, ha, ha.

Yeah, kinda of agree but not entirely. The differences on what bossing means to each of us, explains the differences. And I agree that bossing the midfield isn't just about completing passes but it is for me about controlling the ball and the game and I'm far more impressed when someone does that by actually having the ball a lot and giving it to a team mate.

Anyhow, thank you for giving an answer that explained your view. BTW, Jake Livermore won/recovered more balls than Huddlestone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.