Hull funeral home under investigation...

What were they gaining out of this financially? Did they have a deal with the crematorium to return the empty coffins and reuse them? It's bizarre.

What were they gaining out of this financially? Did they have a deal with the crematorium to return the empty coffins and reuse them? It's bizarre.

I mentioned this a way back in the thread as a possibility, thank heavens it isn't related to the Horse meat scandal that was also mentioned.

Last edited:
I haven't kept up to speed with it. I still don't get why they have done it.
My best guess is that they’re greedy, immoral morons that have come up with a brainless scheme to pocket them a few thousand quid.

They might turn out to be part of a huge network of criminals selling “horse meat”, but that’d mean that the staff at Crems would be arrested too, which doesn’t seem to be happening.

Basically, person dies. Relative phoned this funeral parlour for direct cremation, where there is no service and the bodies are burned at unused slots at any Crem across the country to save money.

Funeral parlour takes the money, doesn’t contact the Crem and keeps the body at their mortuary.

35 bodies times about £3k. That’s what they will have pocketed between them.

slightly off topic,
but if there are any budding entrepreneurs amongst us,
very few crems can cope with bodies of the morbidly obese.
build yourself an oversized burner and they'll come from miles around.

slightly off topic,
but if there are any budding entrepreneurs amongst us,
very few crems can cope with bodies of the morbidly obese.
build yourself an oversized burner and they'll come from miles around.
And then use the fat to make soap.
What ?
That's what they did in Fight Club. Oh shit I forgot, the first rule of Fight Club is don't mention the soap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.