Hurling on Sky

They were both very wasteful. I thought Clare, moreso, but they rallied in the second half of extra time to go three points ahead.
Cork still came back to within a point and should have equalised with the last shot of the game.

It’s a proper hard dynamic sport. A real man’s game. You don’t find anyone diving to the ground clutching their faces and they really do take hard knocks.
I remember a hurling training session when I was about 8 the coach roaring at us - you only
get hurt in this game if you’re scared and don’t get stuck in

It’s a mad game but very skillful sport

I remember a hurling training session when I was about 8 the coach roaring at us - you only
get hurt in this game if you’re scared and don’t get stuck in

It’s a mad game but very skillful sport
We were more or less told the same by the Christian Brother in charge of weekly PE.
Of course he told us nothing about protecting yourself.
Nearly had my thumb taken off by the other guys hurley sliding up mine when I went in to block.

We never played much hurling after our year was banned from competition until we left school, after a mass brawl against our local rival school.

We were more or less told the same by the Christian Brother in charge of weekly PE.
Of course he told us nothing about protecting yourself.
Nearly had my thumb taken off by the other guys hurley sliding up mine when I went in to block.

We never played much hurling after our year was banned from competition until we left school, after a mass brawl against our local rival school.
I went to a kind of famous hurling academy in Cork back in the day which is no longer there now. Got told the exact same thing; "get stuck in and you won't get hurt" Well I got hurt and almost lost my eye. Why? Because I didn't get stuck into a 50/50 ball on the ground. The other fella hit it and his hurl came up and hit me right in the eye. If I had been closer, it would have missed. I learned my lesson.
I was a handy hurler but never came close to making the big team. They won Munster and All-Ireland colleges on a fairly regular basis back then. It's a wonderful sport.

As I’m of Irish descent, (Mum from Bray, Dads parents both Dubliners). I like the GAA. Yesterday’s game on BBC was fantastic. Looking forward to the GAA version of football next week.

They were both very wasteful. I thought Clare, moreso, but they rallied in the second half of extra time to go three points ahead.
Cork still came back to within a point and should have equalised with the last shot of the game.

It’s a proper hard dynamic sport. A real man’s game. You don’t find anyone diving to the ground clutching their faces and they really do take hard knocks.
Clare were very wasteful, 14 wide attempts I think

Where was that session? I'm from Clonakilty and could have told you where to go...
Not sure if it was De Barras or Caseys to be honest. Probably Caseys because De Barras is a folk bar and they had a folk band on from memory.

We liked Fiddlers Green best and The Brewery Bar had a good sun trap garden.

Stayed in An Sugan on Wolfe Tone Street.

Really nice town with significant history.

I attended quite a number of Hurling matches in Tipperary when I used to go over every year to Killenaule in County Tipperary and Tralee. Crikey I've driven some miles and seen some fantastic games between Tipp v Cork and Tipp v Waterford home and away, even been to Croke Park for two finals, I think one was when Tipp played Kilkenny or was it Limerick. Many, many years ago probably before some of you were born.

Loved my summers over there with the kids. Happy long ago days. :-) :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.