Hurricane Florence TV Coverage

Local news coverage is the worst, it creates this huge lemming media frenzy. I'm in Virginia and as soon as Florence looked like it "may" hit our area, everyone went batshit crazy....people queuing up in droves at petrol stations, siphoning off every last drop they could, water and supplies bought up by the score at every grocery store, plywood and sandbags from the hardware store...everything sold out eveywhere. THEN the local higher-ups decide to force mandatory evacuations on everyone that lives in "Zone A". And now all the sheeple are in panic mode. You were scolded (even by friends) that you were foolish if you stayed behind. All our area schools closed, businesses closed, the media frenzy created a lemming exodus. So now it's Friday, we've known since about tuesday afternoon that it was to be the Carolinas, not us, that would bear the brunt of Florence. My kids have been off school since Tuesday, my Office has been closed since then also. The media called it waaayyyyyy too soon, and as a result I'm sat here at home playing Fortnite with the kids while nothing but a mild breeze blows past my "Zone A" windows.... What a bunch of fucking bullshit.

Local news coverage is the worst, it creates this huge lemming media frenzy. I'm in Virginia and as soon as Florence looked like it "may" hit our area, everyone went batshit crazy....people queuing up in droves at petrol stations, siphoning off every last drop they could, water and supplies bought up by the score at every grocery store, plywood and sandbags from the hardware store...everything sold out eveywhere. THEN the local higher-ups decide to force mandatory evacuations on everyone that lives in "Zone A". And now all the sheeple are in panic mode. You were scolded (even by friends) that you were foolish if you stayed behind. All our area schools closed, businesses closed, the media frenzy created a lemming exodus. So now it's Friday, we've known since about tuesday afternoon that it was to be the Carolinas, not us, that would bear the brunt of Florence. My kids have been off school since Tuesday, my Office has been closed since then also. The media called it waaayyyyyy too soon, and as a result I'm sat here at home playing Fortnite with the kids while nothing but a mild breeze blows past my "Zone A" windows.... What a bunch of fucking bullshit.
After 9/11 the Yanks stopped travelling out of the States as they were all shit scared.

The Brits on the other hand took advantage of reduced prices brought on by that event and continued to travel abroad in their droves.

I just found out that one of the reasons so many people are in danger is because in 2012, the elected Republicans in North Carolina made it illegal to use climate change studies to plan coastal development because they didn't want to damage real estate growth.

So thousands of people are going to be flooded because they elected republicans who made it illegal for the people building their houses to look at data which said these houses would be at risk of flooding.

There is such an incredible amount of stupidity around that sometimes I do feel like just saying, "Fuck it, they deserve everything they get".

I’m on your frequency mate.

Just noticed a heading on CNN

Florence hammers Carolina

I’m not in the industry, but when I do that’s my first lesbian movie.

After 9/11 the Yanks stopped travelling out of the States as they were all shit scared.

The Brits on the other hand took advantage of reduced prices brought on by that event and continued to travel abroad in their droves.

I remember Stallone shat it to fly to the UK after 9/11. He wasn’t alone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.