Hurricane Milton

There was one a few years ago and the Americans signed a petition to shoot at hurricane Irma. Had to have the police and governors to put messages out there to discourage it.

‘Murica.

This one doesn’t look like it’s going to get any better before landfall. I’ve seen them in the past where they get downgraded, but from what the forecast says, this is going to hit land at full tilt.

Frightening for them what will happen later.

This one doesn’t look like it’s going to get any better before landfall. I’ve seen them in the past where they get downgraded, but from what the forecast says, this is going to hit land at full tilt.

Frightening for them what will happen later.
Hurricanes build power with cold air meeting warm water. This one has formed right over the gulf of mexico. Its like bath water in there. Combined with a steady north easterly wind blowing cold air down over the states. Its a classic recipe. They often burn out a little in the east of the caribbean/atlantic where the water is a bit colder.

Tampa will be praying that the hurricane follows the American model rather than the European model’s projected high-likelihood path.

Maybe their extreme luck will hold out still?

Last edited:
Just read online that if you stay they want you to write a next of kin telephone number and your social security number on your leg
Not sounding good
I found that very sad. I presume there must be people who simply cannot evacuate, because I can’t for the life of me think why anyone would stay with warnings like that banding about.

I found that very sad. I presume there must be people who simply cannot evacuate, because I can’t for the life of me think why anyone would stay with warnings like that banding about.
You would be horrified by how many people either simply don’t believe the warnings or think they can ride out the storm because they have done so in the past, especially in Florida. A neighbour’s father was actually among those that were sadly killed by Hurricane Irma when he refused to live his beach house and then decided to go check on his boat.

Whilst some people could be missed, that is always possible with responses this broad and complex in scope, emergency services always prioritise those people that are known to be unable to evacuate on their own (or would have extreme difficulty doing so), and they are usually the first to be assisted well before the storm arrives.

Barring some truly dumbfounding incompetence—and this is Florida we are talking about, so that definitely cannot be ruled out—the vast majority that will have remained as the hurricane hits will have done so of their own accord, and should know the risk they are taking on (many emergency services have said, unequivocally, that if you remain in mandatory evacuation zones you will not be rescued).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.