Hurricane Milton

Got family in Kissimmee. They've had some small tornadoes but no damage yet. Their big worry is flooding as they're right by two massive lakes. Went on holiday there in March and my heart breaks to think of all the lovely houses and local businesses that are gonna suffer in this weather. We visited Cocoa Beach, for example, where all the NASA employees used to visit, and it breaks my heart to think that wooden pier could be reduced to nothing just like that. Hope Florida makes it through the night.

Got family in Kissimmee. They've had some small tornadoes but no damage yet. Their big worry is flooding as they're right by two massive lakes. Went on holiday there in March and my heart breaks to think of all the lovely houses and local businesses that are gonna suffer in this weather. We visited Cocoa Beach, for example, where all the NASA employees used to visit, and it breaks my heart to think that wooden pier could be reduced to nothing just like that. Hope Florida makes it through the night.
Ron Johns !
I was in Cocoa Beach years ago when one huge hurricane miraculously diverted north and hit South Carolina instead, the waves the next few days were crazy

It's sounds very much like with the propensity for hurricanes and the effects of global warming it may be time for people to start living elsewhere, or some sort of flood/hurricane proof infrastructure may be in order?

Florida insurance already an absolute disaster. This is only going to make it worse!

Hard to see why any company would insure FL property at this point, which pains me to say given our family place on Marco Islabd.

Florida looks headed for a STATE INSURANCE FUND.
My mobile home, insurance is S1000 a month. Needless to say I don't have insurance.
I paid $32,000 cash for it 3 and a half years ago which was 42 months ago. Do the maths.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.