Hurry Back Vincent

lionheart

It will be great to have the 6ft 4ins frame of Vincent Kompany back to help defend corners and other set pieces. They are good but Kolo and Joleone lack the commanding presence we need in those situations. My question is who will drop out to accommodate VK?

He will be on the bench to start with and then make his way back as his opportunities arise through injury or loss of form. Its hard for the manager to change the team when its done so well early doors, but maybe the CC will be an opportunity for VK.

I think so far the whole set up at crosses from set pieces needs working out more, either zonal or man to man, and how to break up runs in a legal way to obviate teh need for headers all the time.

But the sooner teh players get fit the sooner we have options and everyone will ahve to give 110% every match to stay in the team.

People seem to put on their blue-tinted specticles when they take about Vinnie.

Don't get me wrong I think he is a good squad player... but no-more.

Any Hamberg fan will tell you that De Jong is twice the defensive midfielder Vinnie is, it's just a few of the usual boo-boys needed a target last season to vent at, and De Jong became an easy target. Hopefully De Jong is starting to win around the doubters (he certainly has with our regular away supporters, but I get a feeling some of the home support is still reserving judgement!)

With De Jong's form and Barry, Zab & Johnson also options in this position, Vinnie is going to find it increasingly difficult to get in the side.

Anbody daft enough to think Vinnie is a centre half obviously doesnt go to the games, and only saw the Stuttgart game on TV. The few times he had to play at centre half in the league he got found out big time!.... not quick enough, turning circle of a supertanker, not that good in the air for a big man, positional play suspect... in short...... he's not a centre half!

With this being a world cup year, and Vinnie needing first team football, I really woundnt be suprised to see Vinnie sent out on loan in January

I don't think its the personnel on the field thats the problem as much as the way we set up to defend set pieces. Joleon in particular had a fine record on defending corners when with Everton.

I'd play Toure as a defensive midfielder and put Kompany centre-back.

Everytime I see Toure play makes me realises how much of a driving force he can be.

bluezippy said:

Any Hamberg fan will tell you that De Jong is twice the defensive midfielder Vinnie is, it's just a few of the usual boo-boys needed a target last season to vent at, and De Jong became an easy target. Hopefully De Jong is starting to win around the doubters (he certainly has with our regular away supporters, but I get a feeling some of the home support is still reserving judgement!)

With De Jong's form and Barry, Zab & Johnson also options in this position, Vinnie is going to find it increasingly difficult to get in the side.

Anbody daft enough to think Vinnie is a centre half obviously doesnt go to the games, and only saw the Stuttgart game on TV. The few times he had to play at centre half in the league he got found out big time!.... not quick enough, turning circle of a supertanker, not that good in the air for a big man, positional play suspect... in short...... he's not a centre half!

With this being a world cup year, and Vinnie needing first team football, I really woundnt be suprised to see Vinnie sent out on loan in January

Good post until the last line. There is no way he will go out on loan.
Anyone thinking VK better than NDJ is also way off the mark, like you said the away day blues know.

thegoat10 said:
bluezippy said:

Good post until the last line. There is no way he will go out on loan.
Anyone thinking VK better than NDJ is also way off the mark, like you said the away day blues know.

Wow, looks like all the top european clubs who have been interested in Vinnie were wrong and the away day blues are right

kolo will be right back and vincent centre half. any probs (injuries etc) in midfield vincent will push forward and kolo will go back to centre with zab or micah at right back.

Cannot compare NDJ and VC , different statures, play different roles etc.

You can have them in the same starting eleven without doubt and I have always thought VC is best in front of the back four.

At set pieces he needs to use his height to our advantage and I agree he has to learn how to position himself better.

He would not be a centre half in my ideal starting line up but could be used in the role if required.

It will take him sometime before he is match fit , I would say we will see the best of him after January and he will play a prominent role especially if we start to struggle for points for any reason.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.