Hurry Back Vincent

thegoat10 said:
Which top european clubs?

He rejected Chelsea, branding them a 'football factory'. rags were also after him as well as other top clubs including Barca, who were rumoured to be interested in him recently.

Quite a few on here seem to think he's not up to the job since the summer, even though he was brilliant in his first year in the prem last season.

bluezippy said:
People seem to put on their blue-tinted specticles when they take about Vinnie.

Don't get me wrong I think he is a good squad player... but no-more.

Any Hamberg fan will tell you that De Jong is twice the defensive midfielder Vinnie is, it's just a few of the usual boo-boys needed a target last season to vent at, and De Jong became an easy target. Hopefully De Jong is starting to win around the doubters (he certainly has with our regular away supporters, but I get a feeling some of the home support is still reserving judgement!)

With De Jong's form and Barry, Zab & Johnson also options in this position, Vinnie is going to find it increasingly difficult to get in the side.

Anbody daft enough to think Vinnie is a centre half obviously doesnt go to the games, and only saw the Stuttgart game on TV. The few times he had to play at centre half in the league he got found out big time!.... not quick enough, turning circle of a supertanker, not that good in the air for a big man, positional play suspect... in short...... he's not a centre half!

With this being a world cup year, and Vinnie needing first team football, I really woundnt be suprised to see Vinnie sent out on loan in January

I see Vinnie as a centre half. thats what he was before he came. He did a good job in midfield last year but we've got enough options there now. Great attitude, a leader, vinnie last year was our best defender. Not good in the air? Positional Play suspect? What are you on mate? When did he get found out? He got found out that much that Hughes was talking of him being a future captain. didnt he have the armband a few times last year. Great player, imo

The Fat el Hombre said:
thegoat10 said:
Which top european clubs?

He rejected Chelsea, branding them a 'football factory'. rags were also after him as well as other top clubs including Barca, who were rumoured to be interested in him recently.

Quite a few on here seem to think he's not up to the job since the summer, even though he was brilliant in his first year in the prem last season.

I am not 100% sure how much of that was true and how much was papertalk.

I think he is a cracking player and definately has a role in our squad. On current form he would be on the bench for me. I think NDJ is a better player in that position and his performances so far this season have been immense. Should Barry get injured and we play the 2 of them in front of the back 4 you would not see many people getting past them.
Like you say Fat Hombre he had a cracking season last year and was my 2nd vote for player of season.

bluezippy said:
People seem to put on their blue-tinted specticles when they take about Vinnie.

Don't get me wrong I think he is a good squad player... but no-more.

Any Hamberg fan will tell you that De Jong is twice the defensive midfielder Vinnie is, it's just a few of the usual boo-boys needed a target last season to vent at, and De Jong became an easy target. Hopefully De Jong is starting to win around the doubters (he certainly has with our regular away supporters, but I get a feeling some of the home support is still reserving judgement!)

With De Jong's form and Barry, Zab & Johnson also options in this position, Vinnie is going to find it increasingly difficult to get in the side.

Anbody daft enough to think Vinnie is a centre half obviously doesnt go to the games, and only saw the Stuttgart game on TV. The few times he had to play at centre half in the league he got found out big time!.... not quick enough, turning circle of a supertanker, not that good in the air for a big man, positional play suspect... in short...... he's not a centre half!

With this being a world cup year, and Vinnie needing first team football, I really woundnt be suprised to see Vinnie sent out on loan in January

I'm so glad that someone has said this. He's always looked suspect in defence to me. But I thought my opinion was probably wrong, based on everyone claiming that he was naturally a top class centre half. Not sure about the out on loan bit though.

There are some people on here who have very short memories and/or a lack of decent football knowledge.

For his first dozen or so games last season Vincent was magnificent, winning man of the match in most. It was the toe injury that restricted him from then on and the guy played, with the help of injections, through the pain barrier week in week out because of our lack of depth right up to the end of the season.

Once he is back in FULL fitness people will soon realise they had forgotten how good the "real" Vince is.

No doubt VC at his best is an essential part of our future and we have not seen the best of yet by any stretch , Hughes would never entertain the thought of loaning him out IMO.

Kompany!!....

Does anyone know whether big Vin has signed a new contract, because i was looking through the Sun and i found this quote,
Midfielder Vincent Kompany, 23, is also determined to force his way back into the side following surgery on an injured toe.

Kompany, who was linked with Barcelona, said: "I've always wanted to be one of the main players in a big team that wins trophies. I've just signed a new deal and City's ambitions are the same as mine."

We have been without him all season and it just goes to show the quality we have now when some are asking where we will fit him in.

Re: Kompany!!....

Wont need one yet will he? Only been at City a year.
Cant wait to see him Back in Blue.

thegoat10 said:
I think he is a cracking player and definately has a role in our squad. On current form he would be on the bench for me. I think NDJ is a better player in that position and his performances so far this season have been immense. Should Barry get injured and we play the 2 of them in front of the back 4 you would not see many people getting past them.
Like you say Fat Hombre he had a cracking season last year and was my 2nd vote for player of season.

Well I rate de Jong very highly as well and am glad they're both in our squad, but some of the comments on here about Vinnie are very unfair. You say 'on current form he would be on the bench for me', but Vinnie has no current form! He hasn;t had the chance to put his side of the argument across, it's just cos we're winning and we've been playing well that people assume Vinnie isn't good enough anymore. People are writing him off which is astounding considering how he played last year. The first half of the season he pretty much single handedly held the midfield together and it was only when he was carrying injuries that he wasn't quite as immense.

The Hamburg away match would not have gone the way it did if Vinnie was in the team IMO

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.