Hyde Road

Wagon and horses could be.
No not the Wagon & Horses. It was a smaller pub on the corner of Stockport Road and the side street which connected Plymouth Grove and Stockport Road where the entrance to the library was. The library building is still there I think.

The recent CGI film images of Wembley and Maine Road were great in the film 'The Keeper'. I would love for the club to pay for a CGI film of Hyde Road. Maybe incorporate it in a DVD detailing the history of the club?

Went in City Gates a few times when it opened but custom dwindled off.
People who traveled probably only came once to see it and with the houses gone around it lacked local trade and of course Rags wouldn't go in.
George also had a Pub on Newton St in Town prior to City Gates think it was Lord Nelson.
It was full of City memorabilia and would have done a roaring trade these days with the amount of City Fans who drink in the Northern Quarter before and after games.

Great thread and photos. I always wonder where the ground was when on the train into Piccadilly.

If you're on a train heading towards Stockport from Piccadilly look to your left as the Ardwick viaduct branches off, between the viaduct and the main line is an area stacked with containers, that's pretty much the site of the Hyde Road stadium.
Blimey never knew that. My train crawls past those blasted containers every day

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.