Hyde United Wound Up

Hyde Utd officially wound up in High Court today

Most City fans will be aware that in recent times City have played reserve team and youth team football at Ewen Fields, the home of Hyde United.

Sadly for everyone connected with Hyde United the club has been officially wound up in the High Court today.

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/8272822.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 272822.stm</a>

City have a decent relationship with the club, playing a pre-season friendly there every year and Hyde United's shirt sponsor is "City In The Community" this season.

As an East Stand Season Ticket holder who watches Hyde United when City aren't playing (most Saturdays at 3pm!) I'm really saddened by the news, which has come about because the club owe the Inland Revenue a sum believed to be in excess of £100,000.

The club are considering an appeal, but its hard to be optimistic.

Instead of watching our club play Salford in the FA Cup on Saturday I and several hundred other Tigers fans will have no team in our town to follow this weekend, and it's not a nice feeling.

Sadly lots of other clubs at this level (and above) are in similar predicaments and these are worrying times for our national game.

I don't know what the solution is but all City fans have to be grateful that a similar fate hasn't befallen us over some recent turbulent times. Last night's win over Fulham wasn't fantastic but it was a win and it feels like the club is at the start of something big.

For Hyde United sadly, today could well be the end.

That's awful news. One of my mates follows Hyde religiously to all home games and away games (I have been to a few random away games with them)

I spoke to him a few weeks back and I think he said they owed about £200k to the inland revenue. Shame, because city sponsor their shirts too, which has got them out of the shit in the recent seasons

I really hope it gets overturned

Re: Hyde Utd officially wound up in High Court today

its a shame to hear that news , i played for the tigers back in 1986 ,when they had the artifical pitch ( not the greatest time i had ) think i played twice for them. still hope they can
do something about it. ricky hatton must have a spare 100 grand

Its a shame, me and a few mates used to always go to the hyde vs staleybridge on boxing day (providing city wernt at home)

Also, my mate plays for em!

simonwood123 said:
Its a shame, me and a few mates used to always go to the hyde vs staleybridge on boxing day (providing city wernt at home)

Also, my mate plays for em!

My Uncle Sam Mills went everywhere as their 90 year old mascot, even collected the money at the gate - until Shipman got to him.

Sad news.Watched my nephew play there a couple of times for his local team in u-16's cup final.

Seems like the sort of local club worth helping.

A real shame and feel for the club supporters
but how do you get to owe £100,000 to the Revenue playing at that level,
that is an awful lot of PAYE to accumulate, that is rank bad management and someone should be taken to task for that

Really sad.

Used to watch Hyde Utd when I was about 9 or 10.

Remember the football cards coming round for them in Wall's social club.

Sad indeed if they really do go.

Very sa news.my neighbour is a groundsman/helper there.wll see what he knows.Mr Halford is on the board i believe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.