Hyde United

Decent result that still 8 points clear so can't argue really. I never thought I'd see Hyde in the conference national as much as I thought I'd never see city win the title this year I could see both :)... Or neither :-s

foley87 said:
Only one team tried to play football yesterday. We didn't take our chances to go 2-0 up

The guy who scored shouldn't of been on the pitch either for punching Jennings in the back of the head for which he only got a yellow.

Great to see almost 2000 fans there tho

I assume you meant Hyde when you said "Only one team tried to play football yesterday" as I didn't see much more than lump forward from Staly.

As for the card - I was at the opposite end - but even at 120 yards it looked like a silly slap.

Hopefully the return game at Bowers will be as keenly contested.

I think the main credit goes to fans of both teams yesterday:)

Is it possible that Hyde or Stalybridge could replace Stockport County in the Blue sq league ?
or are their respective grounds not up to scratch ( sure ive heard that somewhere )

Was at the game yesterday and Bridge played a lot of quality football, as did Hyde, although final ball was poor from both sides.
Have seen Bridge four times this season and they over play in my opinion, whereas Hyde get the ball wide and aim for quality in their delivery to the strikers.

sky tot said:
Is it possible that Hyde or Stalybridge could replace Stockport County in the Blue sq league ?
or are their respective grounds not up to scratch ( sure ive heard that somewhere )

As far as I am aware both clubs meet the Conference criteria.

It's a shame though that Stockport are even being talked about in the same breathe as Hyde and Staly. Makes you wonder exactly what's gone on financially at Stockport to leave them where they are.

Looking forward to the NYD game at Bowers Fold (Stalys ground)

Staly will definitely be favourites going into the game

For those interested in going - http://www.stalybridgeceltic.co.uk/teaminfo.php

But be aware it seems there are no buses running right upto the ground.(according to TfGM website)

I will be getting the train to Staly, then walking up the hill(s). It's a good walk that's for sure :D

very good game on Boxing day, Bridge look professional and could have been 3-0 up easily but Hyde battled well and look a top squad. Best of luck to both teams, non-league footy deserves bigger gates

Stunning result on New Years Day away at Staly - 3-1 to Hyde.

They outplayed Staly in every area of the pitch for most of the match - and only a dodgy late penalty made the score look more respectable.

How have they gone from just surving last season to being well clear at the top this? I have been following them quite abit this season, call me a glory fan but they have looked by far the best in the league.

Wonderful result Hyde!

I really love watching football at Hyde and I know I'm climbing on the back of the Hyde thread, however I am reluctant to add another topic which could be perceived as 'off subject'. So can I just say also :

....Maine Road FC won 2-1 in an excellent game this afternoon. We were awful to start with and the big Congleton team were easily bossing our 'kids', but slowly and surely we got back into it. As ever, our management seemed to get the half-time talk spot on and we played very well second-half and won well!

An excellent cathartic afternoon after the crushing finish to my visit to SoL. Come on City...bounce back in style tomorrow!

Three live games in three days for me by tomorrow....I'll need a rest before Sunday's epic, but there again on Saturday, Road are away at the Riverside (no, not the Smogmonster's Cathedral) home of Ramsbottom Utd and arguably one of the most picturesque non-league grounds in the country. If you want to take your mind off Sunday then get down their to give Road some support and if by chance you're a City 'Rammy' fan that is cool too.....one of their sponsors has the City crest as part of their advert.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.maineroadfc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.maineroadfc.com</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.