Hypothetical event.

C_T_I_D said:
Now here me out, I'm not being negative, I just want to know what you think.

- Terry rejects us and signs new deal at Chelsea.

- We sign Lescott for £20,000,000 and give them first option on a £6,000,000 purchase of Jo @ the end of the season cutting our losses to the tune of £13,000,000.

- Hughes comes out and announces that we have finished in the transfer market and will be making no more additions and will be now aiming to trim the squad numbers down considerably.

Would this be a total disaster?

don,t be silly.......fine signings............

C_T_I_D said:

- We sign Lescott for £20,000,000 and give them first option on a £6,000,000 purchase of Jo @ the end of the season cutting our losses to the tune of £13,000,000.

- Hughes comes out and announces that we have finished in the transfer market and will be making no more additions and will be now aiming to trim the squad numbers down considerably.

if terry rejects us then we will sign k toure, alex or someone else.

then maybe a new right back.

------------------given------------------

someone-toure/other-lescott-barry? (barry as left back for 2 reasons a.to get rid of bridge b.to get komps in dm)

---------kompany--de jong-----------
-----------------ireland------------------
tevez--------------------------robinho

---------------adebayor-----------------

or:

------------------given------------------

someone-toure/other-lescott-barry? (or: toure-kompany-lescott-barry?)

-----------------de jong-----------------
swp---------------------------robinho
-----------------ireland-----------------

----------tevez--adebayor-----------

for weaker clubs

I don't think it would be a disaster at all. Whilst I'd like Terry, if he comes I also wonder about the backlash. It will be perceived as the ultimate mercenary act, now? I think there are lots of great things about the way we are handling ourselves in the media and the club's stock is really high. As much as I recognise we would dearly benefit from JT's leadership qualities, as time's gone on, I'd rather us get out of this one with dignity. The scenario has now become a bit of a farce and seems to be heading for an unsavoury resolution. The club have worked hard at their PR and don't need another Ronaldinho, Etoo, Kaka embarrassment. I think I may have felt different had we been able to pull this one off quickly (missus!), or away from the public eye (thanks Chelsea!).

So, a settled defence imho of Micah (tough call between him and Zab) , Dunne (sorry folks), Lescott and Bridge would be an improvement, especially with Barry ahead of them. Not discarding Ned yet, just think that he's still learning. By the end of the season would hope to see VK pushing Dunne for his spot. Kompany would have to become a little more disciplined in this role but possesses all the right credentials for being a world class centre half (height, pace, and a good touch for a big lad).

With our other signings things look pretty good to me!

No, it wouldn't be a disaster but is Lescott going to make a huge difference to our defence on his own ?
In my opinion the answer is no.

riley347 said:
C_T_I_D said:

don,t be silly.......fine signings............
Agreed. I never ever thought that Terry would come to us, so I wouldn't be heartbroken over that.

i no the window has over a month left but the season is 3 weeks away, and defence is where we are cryin out 4 improvement, therefore, i think we'll get 1 in before blackburn (lescott or toure) then we may get another in before the window shuts! cant see any more than 2 signings now, but its quiet at the moment cuz most clubs are all off on tour!

Matt.D said:
No, because if we get lescott and terry stays at chelsea (which he probably will) then theres no point going for anyone else because that would be buying for the sake of numbers, theres no world class centre back who we will get this summer. The squad still wouldnt have a world class centre half (because although lescott is quality & i want him, hes a long way from being considered amongst the elite centre backs in world football) and i dont reckon theres anyone else available whos much better than Kompany/Onouha.

If we needed 2 centrebacks at the end of the season nothing changes until we get them............stick to the plan!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.