I’m off to Currys

Well I got my refund eventually, absolute joke of a company, I phoned for the umpteenth time yesterday, spoke to a lovely lady who was flabbergasted at how I’d been treated, She pulled my notes up and it had 60 entries by 20 different people and nothing had been done. She said that was unacceptable and would forward to a friend of hers who was a great manager in the team that deal with it, she sounded very genuine and unlike the other bellends I’d talked to sounded more mature and dare I say it English, Yorkshire I believe, many I’ve talked to sound young and foreign and English isn’t their first language which is a hurdle in itself.
Anyway this afternoon a new gift card arrived in the post! Posted 30th November so not a only had they done it 10 days ago they’ve not annotated any of my notes. Unfortunately I have to spend the gift card in Currys but it will only be on stuff I can physically carry, no ordering on line from me and then as a company I will never shop there again.
I’m now hoping they credit me via that email another refund because they way they are running it, it’s a good possibility Good luck getting that back off me, any phone call will be put on hold for an hour then cut off, twats.

Well I got my refund eventually, absolute joke of a company, I phoned for the umpteenth time yesterday, spoke to a lovely lady who was flabbergasted at how I’d been treated, She pulled my notes up and it had 60 entries by 20 different people and nothing had been done. She said that was unacceptable and would forward to a friend of hers who was a great manager in the team that deal with it, she sounded very genuine and unlike the other bellends I’d talked to sounded more mature and dare I say it English, Yorkshire I believe, many I’ve talked to sound young and foreign and English isn’t their first language which is a hurdle in itself.
Anyway this afternoon a new gift card arrived in the post! Posted 30th November so not a only had they done it 10 days ago they’ve not annotated any of my notes. Unfortunately I have to spend the gift card in Currys but it will only be on stuff I can physically carry, no ordering on line from me and then as a company I will never shop there again.
I’m now hoping they credit me via that email another refund because they way they are running it, it’s a good possibility Good luck getting that back off me, any phone call will be put on hold for an hour then cut off, twats.
Well done on getting a refund. However, I would hold out for cash. What if you don't want anything else from their shop? You might need that money for another washing machine. You might have needed the machine urgently and have already purchased one from another retailer. This solution doesn't necessarily put you in the same position you should have been in, and none of it is your fault. And what about some compensation too?

Well done on getting a refund. However, I would hold out for cash. What if you don't want anything else from their shop? You might need that money for another washing machine. You might have needed the machine urgently and have already purchased one from another retailer. This solution doesn't necessarily put you in the same position you should have been in, and none of it is your fault. And what about some compensation too?
Unfortunately we purchased a gift card through a work scheme and that’s all they will refund on, we are currently trying to contact the gift card company to see if we can reverse that. As for compensation I’m just to tired to deal with them mate, I’m just glad I got our cash back but I think we need to spend quick in case another Arcadia happens.

I have many in there already mate, let’s just say they are not complimentary and are too the point.
Companies such as DSG eventually face their Waterloo, but until such time, we have the deadly weaponry of social media in our armoury that is far more intimidating than any French cannon could ever muster. They are an old knackered dinosaur eking out existence in a sea of primeval soup and how I despise them so. Very pleased you acheived a result but should you even have had to engage with them in the first place. It beggars belief!

DWcgn1B.jpg

Last edited:
Companies such as DSG eventually face their Waterloo, but until such time we have the deadly weaponry of social media in our armoury that's far more intimidating than any French cannon could ever muster. They are an old knackered out dinosaur eking out existence in a sea of primeval soup and how I despise them so. Very pleased you acheived a result but should you even have had to engage with them in the first place. It beggars belief!

DWcgn1B.jpg
Where did you get that old picture of @Rascal from?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.