I am not going to overreact if we don't make fourth...

Pam

Failure this season will represent a mere postponement of the inevitable. We have already tempted players away from clubs who had a full season of CL football ahead of them. Toure and Adebayor left Arsenal, Tevez left the twats across the road and Barry said yes to us before he knew whether Liverpool were going to renew their interest in signing him prior to the start of this season. They all seemed happy enough to join City, in spite of the fact that we came tenth last season, and didn't even qualify for the Europa, let alone the CL. And over the course of the season, those players have been good enough to help us reach the very brink of a top four finish. The worse we can do is sixth.

Most, if not all of those players will stay. Others will join and make us stronger yet. Don't let them tell you that there you that there aren't enough top notch players on the planet willing to sacrifice one year of CL football to come to Eastlands. Last summer's transfer activities show precisely how wide of the mark that theory really is. It's a bit of a myth. There may well be plenty of players stupid or snooty enough to balk at joining us, even if they stand to double their wages by doing so, but I say bollocks to anyone who argues that no world class players at all will join if we don't get top four. That is a complete crock of shite, it really is. There will be plenty who are willing to forgo CL football for one season if it means joining one of Europe's most ambitious clubs and being paid the earth for doing so. And even if silverware is a player's first motivation, the possibility of joining a team capable of challenging for major domestic honours next year may be enough in itself to persuade them.

I am desperate for us to beat Spurs and desperate for us to make the top four this season, but if we don't make it, it will be easy enough to get over it. There's always next season.

well said though I will still be crushed walkng away from the ground on Wed if it goes tits up! It will make losing at the swamp seem like a birthday orgy.

Pam said:
Failure this season will represent a mere postponement of the inevitable. We have already tempted players away from clubs who had a full season of CL football ahead of them. Toure and Adebayor left Arsenal, Tevez left the twats across the road and Barry said yes to us before he knew whether Liverpool were going to renew their interest in signing him prior to the start of this season. They all seemed happy enough to join City, in spite of the fact that we came tenth last season, and didn't even qualify for the Europa, let alone the CL. And over the course of the season, those players have been good enough to help us reach the very brink of a top four finish. The worse we can do is sixth.

Most, if not all of those players will stay. Others will join and make us stronger yet. Don't let them tell you that there you that there aren't enough top notch players on the planet willing to sacrifice one year of CL football to come to Eastlands. Last summer's transfer activities show precisely how wide of the mark that theory really is. It's a bit of a myth. There may well be plenty of players stupid or snooty enough to balk at joining us, even if they stand to double their wages by doing so, but I say bollocks to anyone who argues that no world class players at all will join if we don't get top four. That is a complete crock of shite, it really is. There will be plenty who are willing to forgo CL football for one season if it means joining one of Europe's most ambitious clubs and being paid the earth for doing so. And even if silverware is a player's first motivation, the possibility of joining a team capable of challenging for major domestic honours next year may be enough in itself to persuade them.

I am desperate for us to beat Spurs and desperate for us to make the top four this season, but if we don't make it, it will be easy enough to get over it. There's always next season.
jpics1wlZ7xSlrPR5ff6.gif

Well said Pam.

I would love us to get fourth.

But it doesn't really change much in the bigger picture if we don't.

Well well articulated Pam. My thoughts exactly. I despise Spuds, I loathe them. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than qualifying for CL this season at their expense. However if we fail this season as you rightly point out it just a matter of time for us to break into the top four. In fact, Wednesday night is a much bigger deal to Spuds than us, for them it represents possibly a last throw of the dice for quite awhile as next year Liverscum must surely have a better season than this one, and we will be far stronger, wiser& have more experience of playing at the top end of the table.

So yes, I am desperate for us to win , but if we have to wait another season so be it.

.....and yes my hatred of Spuds is irrational, illogical and based on nothing other than my disappointment as a 16year old travelling home devasted after the 81 replay.

Good post Pam, but... when City make fourth - I plan to embarrasingly overreact \0/

great to read,better than a lot of the negative stuff on here lately. we are all aware of the importance of weds but like you say,if it goes wrong we should be well armed by start of next season to have a real go at it.enjoy weds cos things are about to take off!!. weds should push hamburg atmosphere to background. this is our final! come on u blues.

"Only if you have been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be at the highest mountain"

Although it was from Nixon as he left the White House, it applies to us perfectly.

I was there then (in the dark days, not when Nixon left the White House), I'm here now, and whatever happens, it's still a great time to be a blue.

Some are acting as if it is our last hurrah, when it plainly isn't.

It's the beginning of things.

I was 17 in 1981 and could have curled up and died when we lost that replay (hence my username) but today I feel good about our future. Yes, it would be a shitter if we got nowt out of Wednesday, but compared to yesteryear it would be a mere scratch.

We got like this against Boro back in 2005. One last home match to qualify for EL.

We moved on very quickly from that too, despite having nothing then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.