I am not going to overreact if we don't make fourth...

I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments, Pamela. My only slight criticism is that it would be highly unlikely if we finish as low as sixth as surely we will get something at West Ham with Villa/Liverpool at least two points adrift. So it looks like fourth or fifth to me, both several positions higher than where I thought we would finish at the start of the season. Its been a very good year.

sam221985 said:
Yep, lots of top quality players were happy to join us when our most recent finish was tenth in the league, we had no Europe, and arguably only one internationally recognised world class player.

Now we'd be a team that's finish 5th, has Europa League, two or three world class players and several bracket just belows, players can SEE we have made real progress and the fact of the matter is we've a good shout for the title next season, so one season out of the CL isn't as big a deal as some think.

A lot of great signings; Ozil, De Maria + Luiz (maybe), J.Cole, Subotic, Bonucci, Yaya Toure, Balotelli to name just a few possibles, would arguably come even if we finished 5th, if we want them, in respect of our manager and the progress in the right direction we've clearly made.

I'd take Bonucci out of that list,the others are overpriced or FM wonderkids

BTW great post Pam,I'm shocked to see such sense on Bluemoon!!

I still get to see Euro footy. The likelihood of advancing far among the elite of Europe in the CL is not exactly remote but we need to build the inevitable success as slowly as we can. Having watched the Europa League more than the CL this season, we are more than capable of holding our own and achieving further success on top of wherever we finish this season. I think people will inevitably look back to dropped points in the first quarter of the season against opposition we should have buried, but so too did Spurs. They've lost to teams their fans must have loaded a pile of money on to beat. Whoever accumulates the points total takes the prize - so be it. Losing to York was not the end of the world, merely a step on the way to better things.

Get in, Gatito!

SWP's back said:
well said though I will still be crushed walkng away from the ground on Wed if it goes tits up! It will make losing at the swamp seem like a birthday orgy.

dissapointed yes,not crushed,we have a week-end away day and a summer of world cup to look forward to.

then bring on next season:)

I just hope experience counts Wednesday night

Bridge,Toure,Viera,Adebayor,Tevez have all won things at the very top (even SWP) and for once i think this will count.

It will be De Jong,Barry,Johnson,Kompany,Bellamy who need tp perform under pressure.

Whos going to play right back to keep Bale quiet?

flb said:

Bridge,Toure,Viera,Adebayor,Tevez have all won things at the very top (even SWP) and for once i think this will count.

It will be De Jong,Barry,Johnson,Kompany,Bellamy who need tp perform under pressure.

It has to be Zab, he had Young and Agbag in his pocket when they swapped sides on Sat.

MCFC-alan88 said:
flb said:

It has to be Zab, he had Young and Agbag in his pocket when they swapped sides on Sat.

Zab doesnt do players with pace though mate thats my only worry about him

A great OP.

I've never been a huge believer that it was 4th or bust for us this season. As things have progressed it's been pretty obvious that it would remain neck and neck between us and Spurs, and frankly, if they beat us they deserve it.

For us it won't make a blind bit of difference in the long run. I don't expect us to be out there bidding for every world class superstar this summer regardless of CL qualification. More likely we'll see players like Boateng, Di Maria, et al - the cream of Europe's young talent - coming our way. Of course it may effect any deal for Torres, but even that I can live with.

Something worth noting. Top 4 can be won on Wednesday without doubt - but it won't be lost. It will have been lost in all the stupid points we've thrown away this season. Just imagine a touch more concentration against the rags in both derbies - the Hull defeat - the run of draws under Hughes.

As I say, we can win it, but we won't have lost it, tomorrow night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.