i AM the biggest blue on bluemoon!

All home and away in the FMC the year we got to Wembley in '86...
Leeds and Forest away in the ZDS...
2 week pre-season tour of Italy to see matches against Brescia, Verona and Alessandria in ooohh 92 I think...
All home and away in the 2nd division... didn't leave early when 2-0 down at Wembley...
Season ticket holder for 27 years...
Paul Lake's, Alex Williams, Tony Book's testimonials...
Torquay away mid-week in the league Cup (4-0)...
Luton away in league Cup (1-3)
Cardiff away in FA Cup (0-1)...
Brentford away in League Cup (0-1)...
Luton away (when away fans were banned)...
Both matches in Manchester Internation Tournament in 86...
Missed two weddings last year because of City...

I was following City when Bert Trautmann, Roy Paul, Bobby Johnstone, Bill Leivers, Nobby Clarke and etc were playing. I used to get my football boots from Nobby Clarke's sports shop near the ground. Me and my mate used to get to Maine Road about one o'clock for a match and wait two hours before it kicked off.

I have a congratulatory telegram from Jimmy Frizzell (then City Manager) on my 40th Birthday. Had to miss City 1 Liverpool 4 as I was also getting married that day. My wife arranged the telegram.

It may not make me the biggest Blue but I'll bet there aren't many out there who have a telegram from Jimmy Frizzell !<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:09 pm --<br /><br />
Dave S said:
I was following City when Bert Trautmann, Roy Paul, Bobby Johnstone, Bill Leivers, Nobby Clarke and etc were playing. I used to get my football boots from Nobby Clarke's sports shop near the ground. Me and my mate used to get to Maine Road about one o'clock for a match and wait two hours before it kicked off.

Back in the 1980's I once had a pint stood next to Bobby Johnstone at the bar in the Oddfellows in Openshaw. He had long since retired but he had been my boyhood hero (closely ahead of Bert).

Rasher said:
4 brothers all reds I am the youngest, and the only blue that makes me the biggest blue !!!!!
YOU get my vote!.....I can only imagine the sh*te you've had to put up with.

whats the point??? said:
Mansfield at maine road getting beat in the most worthless cup ever less than 2,000 city fans were there. lowest in our history!
cue the 30.000 i was there here go,s i really was there

whats the point??? said:
Mansfield at maine road getting beat in the most worthless cup ever less than 2,000 city fans were there. lowest in our history!
3007 would ave been 3008 but i didn't go.

de niro said:
bobby chariots said:
UUBlue said:
Took the wife to Torquay away whilst on honeymoon. I think we won 4-0. Would have been 25 or 26 September 1989.
The winner
unless someone missed parents funeral/their own wedding for a game

i sold our telly on the day of the 81 replay so i could afford to go, left a note for the wife, she was not impressed.

Haha, fantatic work!

Daughter was invited to a party at City "legend" Mike Channon's house and I, yes I, let her go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.