'I bet they wish they had a Delap now'

samharris said:
MysticalDescent said:
Ho-hum.

Man City's tactics were to clog the midfield with as many men as possible at every moment. They had no intention of playing the game and spent the entire time smacking it long to Adebayor or Santa Cruz, as you did the week before. If you weren't doing that, you were tippy-tappying it on the halfway line. Stoke were the only team out there that actually looked like they wanted to attack and win the game.

Let's look at the goals. First goal was a beauty, a purposeful passing move from the back, a well manoeuvred one-two and a superb finish. Your goal was a free-kick that shouldn't have been that led to a hopeful punt into the box. Adebayor won the header on the far post to get it to the poorly marked Bellamy. The second, a long throw. Rather than calling Delap scummy, you should probably try and work out why Shay Given thought it would be better to try and jump through two of his own defenders than to stay on his line. The third goal, a fine combination of our combativeness and skill. Whelan putting in a good firm tackle, powering through your half and then Tuncay waltzing around your defence.

The best player on the pitch? Fuller, by a mile. Tuncay, Whelan and Whitehead were pretty close behind. The only player you had who looked worth the money was Kompany. I presume you still have somebody from Mark Hughes' coaching staff somewhere, because somebody had finally realised how right Mark Hughes was when he put Kompany in midfield to man-mark Sidibe and cut off our get out ball.

Bad luck, but no need for all the sour grapes.

fuck off you inbred twat...fuller the best player.....

Fair play, you're right, it was probably Shawcross.

Matty said:
Matty said:
Nice distortion of the facts. Stoke has 2 clubs, Joke and Port Vale. Greater Manchester has many more than that, City, United, Stockport, Oldham, Bury, Rochdale, Bolton, Wigan, Altrincham etc.

In fact, as of 2008, Manchester actually had a population of approx 464,000 NOT 2.5million. Stoke-on-Trent the other hand, in 2001, had a population of 457,165, so virtually identical to Manchester. Your point, therefore, is bollocks.

Another interesting Stoke fact, is that although the population of Stoke-on-Trent is slightly fewer than that of Manchester, the collective Stokie finger count is actually higher than their more biologically sound Mancunian counterparts. Strange but true!

PistonBlue said:
Matty said:
In fact, as of 2008, Manchester actually had a population of approx 464,000 NOT 2.5million. Stoke-on-Trent the other hand, in 2001, had a population of 457,165, so virtually identical to Manchester. Your point, therefore, is bollocks.

Another interesting Stoke fact, is that although the population of Stoke-on-Trent is slightly fewer than that of Manchester, the collective Stokie finger count is actually higher than their more biologically sound Mancunian counterparts. Strange but true!

Here's another one:

DID YOU KNOW that Stoke is located approximately halfway between Manchester and Birmingham and whilst people from Birmingham are called 'Brummies' and people from Manchester are called 'Mancs', unusually, people from Stoke are know as 'Bellsniffs'.

avoidconfusion said:
Owd Twat said:
So what is it that you really hate about Stoke? All the money you've spent gives you automatic wins against 'a horrible dirty shite football team'. Think you'll find 'arrogance ' has more to do with your 'kin attitude than Stoke's. We've got a committed manager, team, chairman and supporters all up against twats like you who think your new found wealth brings automatic success. You'll struggle for top 4, arsehole.

Here's another couple of things I hate about Stoke:

- Your disgusting inbred fans who throw a bag filled with coins at one of our players
- Ricardo Fuller who stamps on Given but goes down quicker than a stripper drops her pants at a biker party.
- The fact that you claim to be the loudest and best fans in the world yet you were outsung by about 4000 City fans until you fucking scored. Then you started singing all your shit songs... until we scored seconds later.

4000? Where did you get that figure from, you barely filled half of the away end making it roughly 2000 fans, it was a lovely experience watching your deflated supporters squirm and your overpaid flops fail, lets just hope you are a better side next season. You criticise the time it takes Delap to conjure up a throw in, it's funny how Given was taking 45 seconds every time he took a goal kick until we scored and then it was somewhat quicker. I will never visit your shite forum again nice to get the last word in, its great to see your fans bickering amongst eachother and obviously divided in your views on Citteh!

I coach my local kids football team. It destroyed me when one of our players asked if we could practice long throw ins. Can we bollocks. Unfortunately Delap and Stoke are encouraging young kids to play devoid of wanting to have any technical skill or talent. Whilst Stoke fans wont be able to see that because they are so concerned about winning at all costs, it is happening.

Richard said:
I coach my local kids football team. It destroyed me when one of our players asked if we could practice long throw ins. Can we bollocks. Unfortunately Delap and Stoke are encouraging young kids to play devoid of wanting to have any technical skill or talent. Whilst Stoke fans wont be able to see that because they are so concerned about winning at all costs, it is happening.

Just teach them how to defend it then mate and when you've figured it out, let Roberto know.

Never realised our lot had become such bitter losers. We have played them 3 times, haven't got the better of them even once and people are calling them all the names under the sun.

Stoke are a poor team technically so do what they're good at and try to bully you out of the game. We couldn't come up with anything to stop them so they won, simple as.

People are slagging off Delap but if it was Micah doing it every week I have a feeling it would be viewed a bit differently, some people on here need to grow up a bit and stop being so arrogant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.