I can still feel the eyes welling up......

Bluemoon115 said:
Hayfever...fly in my eye...onions or something.

This /\

Got back home(Florida) yesterday after being at both Newcastle & QPR.

Sat with my wife and started to watch all the US coverage that had been recorded while I was away.

By the time Aguero scored, my wife wanted to know why I was getting all emotional ! I told her she just wouldn't understand, just like I didn't understand why she cried when she married me :D

I have watched MOD every day since , every youtube clip I can find , and everything on the official City Site . Never , ever will I forget the sheer joy on Sunday May 13th that I felt . I`m 53 years old and never thought I would see a day like that . I`ve always loved City , but on that day they repaid me in spades ...

sandinista said:
I have watched MOD every day since , every youtube clip I can find , and everything on the official City Site . Never , ever will I forget the sheer joy on Sunday May 13th that I felt . I`m 53 years old and never thought I would see a day like that . I`ve always loved City , but on that day they repaid me in spades ...

There's a film with Jimmy Fallon about the Boston Red Sox that's adapted from Fever Pitch. Not an amazing film, but anyway there's a good line in it when the main character is questioning why he bothers to get so hung up on the team when all they ever do is disappoint him (they hadn't won a world series for decades.) Someone says to him, "You love the Sox, but have they ever loved you back?"

Kind of feels like last week City loved us back.

When Dzeko scores and the music changes its just beyond good, its probably even better than Aguero scoring as they've tried to fit in the different commentaries. But I still have all the same anticipation of winning that I did on the day. When he smacks that header in and just charges back to the centre circle screaming like a man possessed, fucking brilliant. It's such a shame he'll forever be the new Kevin Horlock, because for that goal and reaction alone I would keep him at this club forever.

seemedownkippaxstreet said:
sandinista said:

There's a film with Jimmy Fallon about the Boston Red Sox that's adapted from Fever Pitch. Not an amazing film, but anyway there's a good line in it when the main character is questioning why he bothers to get so hung up on the team when all they ever do is disappoint him (they hadn't won a world series for decades.) Someone says to him, "You love the Sox, but have they ever loved you back?"

Kind of feels like last week City loved us back.

Just how I feel !

watched sky broadcast again this morn, and everytime i fill up, after 35 plus yrs of hurt cant hold it back, the rollercoaster emotional ride that being city is not for the faint of heart

Once in a lifetime experience that will never be seen again..

In the minutes after the goal you can tell that Niall Quinn is totally overcome by it all and is talking with pure emotion straight from the heart.

It is what he says during those few minutes that really does it for me..

An amazing experience.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
And I can still see those Rag faces at the SoL, and those Black Cat fans serenading Fergie with BlueMoon as he boarded the Rag coach. Hee hee! Happy times!
That's one I haven't seen. Did they definitely sing Bluemoon to him? If so, legends!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.