I can't understand any of this silva talk

black mamba said:
stavros said:
he also played well first half at wolves.

nah , he struggled Stavros , was well off pace , and not his usual self .....

and he started the second half in the same vein , that's why he was taken off .... he wasn't having his usual impact on the game

he'd been much more spritely at Norwich previously ....... he could have been feelin' his injury at Wolves.

I'd still start him against the rags though ...

to be honest i thought against wolves , his touch and movement was very good.
just his final ball was poor.

think he will defo play v the rags

No doubt the cynical cnut Taggart will have him targeted.

Count down the minutes until the 1st hefty challenge comes-in on DS.

fergal_oc said:
Didn't someone say in one of the other threads that it might be something personal and not necessarily an injury that was causing his inconsistency?

Yeh, I heard it, "personal problems", but maybe RM is conserving his energy for the derby!

DalbeyINUK said:
Just for the fact alone that he tends to command at least two defenders every time he is on the ball he should be in the game. He may be slightly off, but every player/manager in the league knows how dangerous he is and will always have him double marked. Him playing also frees up Yaya if he is played in a more advance role to get some momentum going in those runs he can destroy them with.

This

even when he is not playing well he still turns people for fun and opens yaya to burst forward. And he can pick a pass that will kill the rags back 4

silva must play

Wio and co. would breathe a little sigh of relief if Silva didn't start. Defenders are constantly on the lookout for him. Even if he's there to take a body or 2, it gives us that psychological edge that we're there to attack.

SingBlueSilva said:
Wio and co. would breathe a little sigh of relief if Silva didn't start. Defenders are constantly on the lookout for him. Even if he's there to take a body or 2, it gives us that psychological edge that we're there to attack.

This. I think Silva gets a bit frustrated when man marked. When he's out wide he has 2-3 players on him in seconds. I think Silva benefits from Richards. Zab is a monster in defense but he doesn't offer the same threat/space that Micah does.

100% he plays... been playing better again of late, just needs a few more goals, but hey, so what, as long as he dances round the twats and sets someone else up...anyone remember the derby where the twats took it in turn to hack SWP down, i fear this will happen, but i m sure we will overcome it

AdamManCity said:
How can anyone suggest he shouldn't play in this game. He has been one of our best(if not our best player) this season and he tore them to shreds at the swamp. Even though he has admittedly had a dip in form (although imo he has been much better since he sat out of the arsenal game) he is still by far our most creative player. In a tight game we need him to create chances and even if he doesn't he is guaranteed to create more space for others. Nasri has been better in the past couple of months but he is not someone who can control a game in the same way silva does and quite simply is not as good as silva.

For me he is one of the first names on the teamsheet and is a must in big games like this one. He may be slightly off form but form means nothing going into a game like this and hopefully he will take confidence from the last time he played the rags. He will have had 8 days rest and there is no doubt he will be well up for this game and for me he has to play and could well be the difference.

Fully agree , he will and has to play.<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:24 am --<br /><br />
andrewmswift said:
he's been terrible for months.

nasri and de jong

Not been watching recently then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.