I don't like this Feeling in my Head

bluenova said:
If football was more of a level playing field. If the right manager could take you to the very top. If a recently promoted team had a chance of a top 4 finish. If there wasn't a big 4 that no-one else can compete with financially.

If there were quotas on non-home grown players. If there was a wage cap. If there was a transfer draft. If....

I might agree. But football has been on a slippery slope since gate reciepts stopped being shared. Then the Premiership started. Then the Champions League provided regular exessive income to the big two, three, four as the places allocated increased.

Villa have a billionaire owner. The big 4 have rich owners. The only way football will be fairer in the near future is if another 90 billionaire's turn up.

We've been supporting city and paying for tickets when there was no chance we would win anything simply because we hadn't got enough money. Nothing has changed in football - but everything has changed for us. Let's smile and enjoy :)

Top post .

I agree wholeheartedly. The lack of grace for the rag top / ragtv media i breattaking.

Bring on Kaka !!!

Just one note of caution... we need to kick on with other signings . Signings of streetwise Prem players (roundheads) to put in the tackles, build from the back, track back etc etc.

All cavalier and no roundhead might work on the continent or Sout America but not here.

Theres nothing embarrassing and certainly nothing negative about being a blue right now.You are thinking about it too much forget all the economy shit.This is football not politics and right now we are in charge.I am thanking my lucky stars that they invested in us not worrying about any sentimental bullshit!Just enjoy it,This is only the beginning.

yankblue said:
So when we're shit and we have no money, that's not good enough.

When we're shit and have some money, that's not good enough.

When we're the richest club in the world and on the verge of signing THE best player in the world, all of a sudden we want to go back to the way things were?

For crying out loud guys, this is a dream come true! Let people say whatever they want, we have the potential to be the biggest and most succesful team in the world! How can you be complaining right now?

Best post I have read in ages. Now it is our turn. Remember how you felt when the russian took over at Chelsea. Personally, I said "god I would love that to happen to us us". Well on September 1st 2008 it did, now it is our turn. Let the good times roll and F**K the others.

do you know , this is surreal, I,m 54, and remember the good days. From being on those terraces at Newcastle to the too infrequent trips to Wembley, from Maine Road to COMS, we have honestly been through it all, from tears of joy to too many tears of woe. Please lets all pray and enjoy what might lie before us.

Ladyblue said:
do you know , this is surreal, I,m 54, and remember the good days. From being on those terraces at Newcastle to the too infrequent trips to Wembley, from Maine Road to COMS, we have honestly been through it all, from tears of joy to too many tears of woe. Please lets all pray and enjoy what might lie before us.

aye.

Chid said:
yankblue said:
So when we're shit and we have no money, that's not good enough.

When we're shit and have some money, that's not good enough.

When we're the richest club in the world and on the verge of signing THE best player in the world, all of a sudden we want to go back to the way things were?

For crying out loud guys, this is a dream come true! Let people say whatever they want, we have the potential to be the biggest and most succesful team in the world! How can you be complaining right now?

Best post I have read in ages. Now it is our turn. Remember how you felt when the russian took over at Chelsea. Personally, I said "god I would love that to happen to us us". Well on September 1st 2008 it did, now it is our turn. Let the good times roll and F**K the others.

correct we will get it all your buying the league blah blah wel havent the rags and chelski done the same its just not been done quickly but over several seasons we are spending this 100 mill to show the football world we have arrived. getting kaka will open the door to other great players coming enjoy the ride get behind the lads and enjoy

We're only popular because we're not seen as a threat. You could see the change when Frank/Sven came in, then it calmed down a bit when they realised we were shite & they could patronise us & laugh again.

If your idea of City is the joke team embodied by that twat Jimmy Wagg on GMR then good luck. I'd rather be signing Kaka personally & bollocks to everyone else outside the club.

I think were used to being looked down on and scraping togther 6 million for sameras that we kinda slumped and got used to our average ole city. Were going through the change and we will slowly learn to like it. a brilliant comment was made "we were only liked because we wernt seen as a threat" :) thats true. At this moment we are slowly becoming a stronger force. Football hasnt be level for years. Top 4 were top 4 everyone else just moved around. Were a different club to what we were and its about time we all got happy :) because soon i think we are going to be a top force and everybody knows it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.