I f*cking love this club

the emotions going back into the ground to watch a city game will be overwhelming when it comes for me anyway
to take away the joy and pain of a match day never crossed my mind that it could be taken away for a year or more

also missing david silva swan song game live and to give him the send off he deservers was hard
missing out on a fan celebration for his magic over the years is not right but we will but it right

merry christmas bluemooners and lets all hope for a great new year that we can start to get back to normal

My uncle used to call me Blue but I didn't know why. My dog is called Blue and, 48 years later, I know exactly why I named her that. I was born in Moss Side in '68 and hardly remember anything from when I was a kid, beyond my love for City. I never even kicked the ball in my yard without putting my City gear on. If it's in you, it's in you. It's part of the reason why I cannot stand the moaning - support your team, offer constructive criticism where it's due but never, ever call one of our own useless, shite, Plodri or any of the other insults that have recently been offered; they play for US, they are US, and there is nothing like it. I cannot even go near Claremont Road now without literally feeling the walk to the North Stand with my dad or my grandad, passing Arties and smelling the hot dogs and onions. Absolutely, the most vivid sights and smells of my youth.

My uncle used to call me Blue but I didn't know why. My dog is called Blue and, 48 years later, I know exactly why I named her that. I was born in Moss Side in '68 and hardly remember anything from when I was a kid, beyond my love for City. I never even kicked the ball in my yard without putting my City gear on. If it's in you, it's in you. It's part of the reason why I cannot stand the moaning - support your team, offer constructive criticism where it's due but never, ever call one of our own useless, shite, Plodri or any of the other insults that have recently been offered; they play for US, they are US, and there is nothing like it. I cannot even go near Claremont Road now without literally feeling the walk to the North Stand with my dad or my grandad, passing Arties and smelling the hot dogs and onions. Absolutely, the most vivid sights and smells of my youth.
Great post

BOTM

They sent me a handwritten card today with a gift voucher. This club has a soul. Love them.
I didn't get a card. Or gift voucher. Nor did my dad. Or my son. I love City to my bones but let's not pretend that they're some altruistic, philanthropic entity. They're not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.