I love City but I also follow...

Why Always Ste

Was being nosey on RagCafe and came across a topic they have on there with posters proclaiming their love/interest for other Football Club(s).

Wasn't surprised with many posters having 3/4 clubs they followed, a few being actual supporters of these clubs :/

Do you follow any other clubs?

I don't support any others but take note of what most local clubs in my area are doing really. So Bury, Bolton, Rochdale etc... I was taken all over the North West by my Father watching different teams play.
Had a season ticket at Burnden Park (Bolton's old ground) for a few seasons as a kid.

Glad he did this as it allowed me to discover the game at different levels.

Bury are very close to my heart,as a kid my dad took me and when i was old enough me and my mates would go to alot of the games,i remember seeing Bury play the then european champions Notts Forest in front of 21,000 and seeing other big games around the late 70's early 80's.I also remember the fans changing ends at half time at Gigg lane,very strange thing to do and for the life of me can't think why? Also remember Bury always kicking off at 3.15pm on saturdays and always being the last result on the vidi printer on grandstand presented by Frank Bough! lol,happy happy memories! i always want the local clubs to do well,apart from one of course

Why Always Ste said:
Wasn't surprised with many posters having 3/4 clubs they followed, a few being actual supporters of these clubs :/
Yeah, when I lived in Wales, all of the Swansea/Cardiff fans also "supported" Liverpool or the rags. Unsurprisingly, you could guess pretty accurately which one it would be based on how old they were, with over 30s supporting Liverpool and under 30s supporting the rags. Obviously, they all claimed it was because of Ryan Giggs and Ian Rush, not because they were glory supporters. So I'm expecting a new generation of Spurs supporters any minute. But it's quite ridiculous now Swansea are in the PL watching them "supporting" two teams in the same league.

But to answer the question, no, I don't really follow any other team.

Accrington Stanley. In their triumphant 2002-3 Unibond Northern Premier champions season, I went to every single home game. Still go on the very odd occasion when their games don't clash with ours.

I also have a soft spot for Burnley which is rooted in my secondary school days of schoolyard footy wherein matches were Blackburn + rags vs Burnley + everyone else. I've never been to a Burnley game to support Burnley though.

Supported City for 45 years, I look at a few other teams results and am glad if they do well, but as for supporting any other side??? personally wouldn't feel right????

Not support, but watch FC Honka most weeks - summer football and you can see the ground from my house so it's an OK way to spend the afternoon. They've just drawn Poznan in the UEFA Cup too.

My wife's a Dunfermline fan and our kids' initials are MCFC and DAFC, so always follow their results and catch half a dozen or so games a season with her and them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.