I miss Hughes

I've gotta say that I sat on the fence for ages and then wanted Hughes out after all the draws but I'd have him back tomorrow if it meant watching exciting games again. Like I said on another thread we used to score for fun and right now we're no fun at all.

I'm not happy with Mancini but he wasn't the clown that wasted £250 million on players that are nowhere near worth 25% of that total.

Whilst the football is now boring, we were every bit as crap away from home before Mancini took over, it's just that the lack of defeats and feelgood factor around the place, mainly due to one Carling Cup run, papered over the cracks.

Duki Blue said:
Like a hole in the head - since when did we play exciting football under him!!

Fergie thought the league derby was "one of the best ever"
Our win over Arsenal
Our win over Chelsea
3-3 Burnley was pretty exciting from 0-2 to 3-2

Practically every game was exciting, sometimes for different reasons: our greatest strength was scoring goals, only matched by our greatest weakness of conceeding goals. Makes for exciting football.

Plenty of dull games under Hughes this season, and plenty more last season.

There were some exciting ones as well, a few of the highest quality but many were exciting because our farcical defending made for a high scoring game.

GStar said:
Duki Blue said:
Like a hole in the head - since when did we play exciting football under him!!

Our win over Arsenal
Our win over Chelsea
3-3 Burnley was pretty exciting from 0-2 to 3-2

Practically every game was exciting, sometimes for different reasons: our greatest strength was scoring goals, only matched by our greatest weakness of conceeding goals. Makes for exciting football.

You and I have different ideas on what 'exciting' is. Yes the Arsenal game was exciting and so was the Chelsea one. The Burnley game was horrifying. The vast majority of games were dull and depressing

GStar said:

You are joking there aren't you?

Before Hughes got sacked we had won 2 games in 11. To the ones wanting him back, were you happy with the run of results that led to the sacking of Hughes?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.