I prefered it when we were s**t

Re: I preferred it when we were s**t

brass neck said:
i love and am fascinated by the reactions to the op very small comment, a comment like that can mean many things to many men, it could mean he prefers city when they knew there place, it could mean he prefers the lower leagues, it could mean he preferred the feeling of camaraderie when we were struggling and had that bunch down the road patronizing us, it could mean he preferred it when we only had one direction to go. I don't know what he meant in truth but i do find it amazing how some newer fans take the comment as a instant negative and start trying to lynch a bloke who has obviously supported city when they were at there lowest ebb. When we were crap we could just about muster 33000 on a good day now we easily get 44000. was there really 10 thousand fans who couldn't get in the game in the old days, were hanging about main road on a match day trying to get a ticket? NO..... ten thousand plus have come to support the team since we came into money and i wouldn't mind betting its them who are telling a old time fan to fcuk off and support stockport, well just as long as you realize that fan was probably there supporting his team when we regularly played stockport in the league, he probably even came to the game the week after we had got beaten by stockport.

newer fans on here need to know about our clubs mentality, it may seem a bit weird at times, but it got us through some DARK times!!!

well for one we couldnt fit 44000 in main road and two what sort of fan preferre's to have his team want to be beaten in lower leagues !!!!

you bumming him or something ???

gazlinksy said:
well for one we couldnt fit 44000 in main road
as i said in my comment...fool
gazlinksy said:
and two what sort of fan preferre's to have his team want to be beaten in lower leagues !!!!
i dont really understand that comment, halfwit
gazlinksy said:
you bumming him or something ???
no thats your dad

dont try and make an intelligent comment, its just not you........

was there really 10 thousand fans who couldn't get in the game in the old days

in the old days we couldnt fit another 10000 on top of 33000 because i seem to remember city having the highest attendence's in the leagues when we where relegated !!!!!!!!

tell ya mum she was great last night and that she forgot the lub when i stuck it up her arse

no the extra 10 thousand came along after we got cash....fair do's to them, i don't mind the upsurge in support, but the newbies shouldn't moan at the older city's fans lemming like self defeating attitude that ultimately got the club through the bad times and into the position it is now in. for many people those days were bleak but great as well, there certainly was more passion i the ground than there is nowerdays.....some of the atmospheres since the splashing of the cash have been awful.

Don't get me wrong, I love the money and some of the players it's bought, the debt it's payed off and a load of other improvements it's done for us in the past and will do in the future, but I too feel this club has lost a lot of soul and it doesn't feel like the same club atm. We've seemed to attracted a lot of new glory hunting fans, a lot of kids expecting too much and it seemes some of the older less knowledgeable football fans have become impatient spoilt pricks. More and more it feels like we're turning into the rags minus the trophies. Might just be my opinion, but the last couple of days have made me embarrased and even ashamed (for the first time ever) to be a City fan.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
Don't get me wrong, I love the money and some of the players it's bought, the debt it's payed off and a load of other improvements it's done for us in the past and will do in the future, but I too feel this club has lost a lot of soul and it doesn't feel like the same club atm. We've seemed to attracted a lot of new glory hunting fans, a lot of kids expecting too much and it seemes some of the older less knowledgeable football fans have become impatient spoilt pricks. More and more it feels like we're turning into the rags minus the trophies. Might just be my opinion, but the last couple of days have made me embarrased and even ashamed (for the first time ever) to be a City fan.

I know exactly where your comming from, I will always be blue, but it isnt quite the same club, maybe thats the dreaded greenback but i dont think some of the things that have happend recently would of ever happend in the old days, players being booed, managers getting pelters....just isnt city for me...oh well, life moves on eh!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.