I really love City

pete1970 said:
OP
Stick to your style of Football-if you can call it that!

Totally uncalled for, he's a City fan on a City forum telling us how much he loves City, wind your neck in you puddin.

Cheers from another fan here in the states!

I've felt such an allegiance with the ethos of the club. Been following since I was a teenager and haven't looked back (I'm in my mid 20s now). The history, the self-deprecation, the utter loyalty of the fan base through thick and thin is nothing short of remarkable. My college American football team have been through some absolute shit years of late, but the resilience of my team here and the City team bears such a striking resemblance. We also have to deal with our arch rival being the greatest team in the country for the last 5 years, not to mention that they're fans love to shit on us, even though they're a bunch of redneck white trash (go to hell Alabama). I think my hatred for them and the rags have some real similarities.

Having played competitive soccer (sorry for the terminology ahead of time) since I was a kid, watching City emulate why they call it "the beautiful game" has been nothing short of wonderful this season. Love this club, love the players, love the fans. Can't wait to see my first City game (currently planning for the upcoming fall).

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Ban-jani said:
I hate City.

They've put me through some right shit.

It's the shit that makes yer luv 'em more! BTSport are just about to show Wigan v City. I wondered which one it was, googled it to find it was the 4-3 where Sibierski scored in the second minute and we ended up 4-1 down before we nicked a couple. Nobrat scored the last. With players like that yer have to show the love!

From old 50 pence head to Aguerooooooooooooo.......in such a short time...unbelievable Jeff

pete1970 said:
Oh dear I've upset you! Well no sleep tonight

Aww it's ok, don't be embarrassed we have all said silly things from time to time.............just so happens that this was......well.....your turn lol.

Memphinho said:
Cheers from another fan here in the states!

I've felt such an allegiance with the ethos of the club. Been following since I was a teenager and haven't looked back (I'm in my mid 20s now). The history, the self-deprecation, the utter loyalty of the fan base through thick and thin is nothing short of remarkable. My college American football team have been through some absolute shit years of late, but the resilience of my team here and the City team bears such a striking resemblance. We also have to deal with our arch rival being the greatest team in the country for the last 5 years, not to mention that they're fans love to shit on us, even though they're a bunch of redneck white trash (go to hell Alabama). I think my hatred for them and the rags have some real similarities.

Having played competitive soccer (sorry for the terminology ahead of time) since I was a kid, watching City emulate why they call it "the beautiful game" has been nothing short of wonderful this season. Love this club, love the players, love the fans. Can't wait to see my first City game (currently planning for the upcoming fall).

Autumn son its called Autumn ;)

I have followed City since being in high school (Sale Grammar) and went to every game, home and away while at Maine Road through the 1968 championship and went to the old Wembley in 1969 for the FA Cup.

Since that time I have lived in Germany and have been in the Chattanooga, TN area for 30+ years. I am a huge College Football fan and love the Crimson Tide (University of Alabama) whom I have followed since 1980. I love going to the games as the atmosphere is great. You are right about Death Valley as the noise and atmosphere is great. The Seattle soccer team has a great atmosphere also.

Here in the US, college football have the marching band which keeps the crowd involved in the game and often gets things going again if the crowd gets too quiet. Maybe City could do something with the audio system (if within the rules) when there is a lull in play by playing a player's signature tune if he is down getting attention from the training staff. Just a thought.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.