I.S take town on Syrian/Turkish border.

bammy blue

I.S terrorists have taken the town of Kobani on the boarder between Syria and Turkey, apparently it lies only a mile away from Turkish territory. Turkish President Recep Erdogan has stated that a ground operation is needed to stop the group, no doubt if I.S try and push into Turkey then NATO would be obliged to put boots on the ground so to speak. Could see a major escalation of military involvement in the next week or so.

Re: I.S take town on Syrian/Turkish boarder.

Just heard this on the news this afternoon I'd hoped we wouldn't have to send ground troops in but it's looking more and more likely now, if we do then it's going to be tough

bammy blue said:
I.S terrorists have taken the town of Kobani on the boarder between Syria and Turkey, apparently it lies only a mile away from Turkish territory. Turkish President Recep Erdogan has stated that a ground operation is needed to stop the group, no doubt if I.S try and push into Turkey then NATO would be obliged to put boots on the ground so to speak. Could see a major escalation of military involvement in the next week or so.
They won't go into Turkey, the Turks would pound them into dust
Nato and it's allies are playing it crafty, IS has captured a lot of arms and ammunition but it will only last so long, rifles need bullets, tanks need shells and lots of petrol, their supply lines are slowly being cut off, their new recruits are fanatical but of poor fighting ability more like suicide squads, people have dared to start deserting
Don't get me wrong i'm not saying they are not a potent force at the moment but they are at the peak of their powers now, unless they find a new way of being supplied with heavy weapons it will be a slow decline back to being a guerrilla group

blue underpants said:
bammy blue said:

^^^^This 100%...

blue underpants said:
bammy blue said:
Nato and it's allies are playing it crafty, IS has captured a lot of arms and ammunition but it will only last so long, rifles need bullets, tanks need shells and lots of petrol, their supply lines are slowly being cut off, their new recruits are fanatical but of poor fighting ability more like suicide squads, people have dared to start deserting
Don't get me wrong i'm not saying they are not a potent force at the moment but they are at the peak of their powers now, unless they find a new way of being supplied with heavy weapons it will be a slow decline back to being a guerrilla group

I wish other countrys would stop paying ransom for the hostages, thats a huge financial benefit to them.

BlueBearBoots said:
Don't turkey have their own army?
Yes a fearsome one, it's one of the largest and best trained and equipped in NATO, they have a huge airforce and a good navy as well, they are trained to a very high standard and like a good scrap!

blue underpants said:
bammy blue said:
Nato and it's allies are playing it crafty, IS has captured a lot of arms and ammunition but it will only last so long, rifles need bullets, tanks need shells and lots of petrol, their supply lines are slowly being cut off, their new recruits are fanatical but of poor fighting ability more like SUICIDE SQUADS, people have dared to start deserting

Excuse me. Are you the Judean People's Front?
Fuck off! 'Judean People's Front'. We're the People's Front of Judea! 'Judean People's Front'.
Wankers.

blue underpants said:
BlueBearBoots said:
Don't turkey have their own army?
Yes a fearsome one, it's one of the largest and best trained and equipped in NATO, they have a huge airforce and a good navy as well, they are trained to a very high standard and like a good scrap!

Excellent! We don't have to get involved then surely Turkey can just go and sort them out as they are so close to Turkish soil?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.