I said he had 8 games to prove me wrong, I'm sorry but....

fbloke

The 3-0 Liverpool defeat was the lowest point for me and many others on here in terms of believing in Mancini.

I wasn't, and am not one of the Mourinho in types. My thoughts and opinions on Mancini were based on what I saw of him, his tactics (and body language ;-) ) and how the players were responding to his management style.

I made it clear then that he had 8 games to convince me that he had what it takes to be City manager.

I'm sorry to say this but............he only really needed 7.

I can forgive the Everton result as a blip as most of what I have seen has been excellent.

Last night was a truly enjoyable game, we bossed it from start to finish and the team yet again looked like a team.

The low point at Liverpool proved to everyone that Mancini was able to say he got it wrong, and I believe that small act of accepting that it was his fault (and I am sure more was said behind closed doors) seems to have created the hard working, committed and happy team that is now on a high.

I look forward to seeing Roberto back at COMS next season irrespective of any Mourinho muttering that continues on the fringes.

I'm sure the forum is breathing a huge sigh of relief now that you've finally given him your seal of approval.

I don't know whether I should say this after the Bolton game on Sunday or not, but we've played 5 games in 17 days - an average of a game every 3.4 days - and we've managed to win 4 of them and dominate for half of the game we lost. This team seems to have pulled itself together, and at the right time. Our form has been patchy ever since the draw away to Arsenal at the Emirates, and had a few mistakes not been made, we'd be challenging for the title still. But 3rd place in the league with a game to go is enough to make me emotional now.

When that final whistle on our season goes, and we sit in the top 4, holding an FA Cup trophy, I will be thankful for Roberto for what he's done. If he left now, I don't know what I'd do. I just hope he does. He's the best manager I've ever seen at this club (I have only been going every week for 8 years, so he is only up against Sven or Hughes) and everyone knows the Sheikh would be stupid to get rid of him.

stony said:
I'm sure the forum is breathing a huge sigh of relief now that you've finally given him your seal of approval.

To be fair though going back to the thread from Quagmire, I'd have thought this was what everyone was looking for?

I too have been proved wrong, I'm not afraid to say I was wrong and that Mancini has delivered everything that I thought he wouldn't.

This is not to be seen as a dig but I hope he can continue all the progress and hard work from this season and carry it on to next season.

You need to keep the faith. I like many others on here could see what he was doing was right. The way we set up, the way we try to play football and the way the players play for each other could be seen from the very first game he took charge of and other than a second half performance against Everton its been brilliant and seems to have all come together the last month or so. People need to learn not to panic after one lousy result.

Mancini WooooaaaaooH!

MCFC BOB said:
I don't know whether I should say this after the Bolton game on Sunday or not, but we've played 5 games in 17 days - an average of a game every 3.4 days - and we've managed to win 4 of them and dominate for half of the game we lost. This team seems to have pulled itself together, and at the right time. Our form has been patchy ever since the draw away to Arsenal at the Emirates, and had a few mistakes not been made, we'd be challenging for the title still. But 3rd place in the league with a game to go is enough to make me emotional now.

When that final whistle on our season goes, and we sit in the top 4, holding an FA Cup trophy, I will be thankful for Roberto for what he's done. If he left now, I don't know what I'd do. I just hope he does. He's the best manager I've ever seen at this club (I have only been going every week for 8 years, so he is only up against Sven or Hughes) and everyone knows the Sheikh would be stupid to get rid of him.

thats not hard is it bob!

nevilletogoater-in said:
stony said:

To be fair though going back to the thread from Quagmire, I'd have thought this was what everyone was looking for?

I too have been proved wrong, I'm not afraid to say I was wrong and that Mancini has delivered everything that I thought he wouldn't.

This is not to be seen as a dig but I hope he can continue all the progress and hard work from this season and carry it on to next season.

Being a rabid outer for much of the season I am pleased to say that in the last few weeks we have had a coming together. Some of the passing is very very good, players look happy, everybody seems to know there role within the side and if we can keep this nucleus of this team together am sure that the flowing football will be a joy to watch.

Couldn't be more pleased at the moment to be honest

stony said:

And likewise knowing that you are fully on board and in agreement with what I said ;-)

the god Gerry Gow said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
stony said:

Being a rabid outer for much of the season I am pleased to say that in the last few weeks we have had a coming together. Some of the passing is very very good, players look happy, everybody seems to know there role within the side and if we can keep this nucleus of this team together am sure that the flowing football will be a joy to watch.

Couldn't be more pleased at the moment to be honest

Couldn't agree more mate. Some of his tactics earlier - middle of the season baffled me. Some of our performances were awful at times but I'm so glad and proud that when it mattered he managed to get the team to perform and do the business.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.