I said he had 8 games to prove me wrong, I'm sorry but....

bluefandk said:
Damocles said:
bluefandk said:
Not to the cabal, they always have their own set of "alternative" facts.

There's lots of people missing my point here.

Mancini's system has generally been the same in every game since he's been here. We did change for the Liverpool game, then changed back straight away. However, there has been a noticeable difference in our execution of the plans.

We are a far more fluid and attacking team now, simply because our defenders are sitting much higher than they were, and our wingers are getting used to the full backs. Also, Toure is adapting to his role much better the last two months.

We aren't playing the same way as we were in January, but we ARE using the same system.

So what you are saying is that over time Mancinis system started to work?

So even great manegers need time?

Mancini hasnt changed anything his footballing philosophy is exactly the same as it was at Inter.

It also helps when we're not using Milner as a winger and Boateng as a RB.

It's taken Milner almost the entire season to find his way back to his natural position.

nevilletogoater-in said:
the god Gerry Gow said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
To be fair though going back to the thread from Quagmire, I'd have thought this was what everyone was looking for?

I too have been proved wrong, I'm not afraid to say I was wrong and that Mancini has delivered everything that I thought he wouldn't.

This is not to be seen as a dig but I hope he can continue all the progress and hard work from this season and carry it on to next season.

Being a rabid outer for much of the season I am pleased to say that in the last few weeks we have had a coming together. Some of the passing is very very good, players look happy, everybody seems to know there role within the side and if we can keep this nucleus of this team together am sure that the flowing football will be a joy to watch.

Couldn't be more pleased at the moment to be honest

Couldn't agree more mate. Some of his tactics earlier - middle of the season baffled me. Some of our performances were awful at times but I'm so glad and proud that when it mattered he managed to get the team to perform and do the business.

You can question the tactics. You can question the formation, the player selection, the substitutions. You can tear your hair out sometimes with frustration.

But clearly Mancini is a winner. There's something about the guy's make up that drives him to win things and ultimately he delivers.

Is he good enough to take us to the top of the Champions League? Not sure. His Inter experience would indicate perhaps not - although who knows with our resources.

But is he good enough to take us to "the next level" over the next couple of seasons? DEFINITELY. He's proved it.

Who here would not have been happy with the FA Cup and a possible 3rd in the league. Bloody marvellous result.

de niro said:
waspish said:
Project said:
It sounds like you still don't get it.

It's not like Mancini has in the past 4 weeks realised he has to flip the switch on the negativity button, and suddenly the players are full of invention. He has said from day one that firstly we need to get our house in order. And he did that. He got the foundations in and built a strong, robust side.

Now it is about decorating, fine tuning and adding a distinct character of his own to the house. And that's a hell of a lot easier when you have a stable platform to work from. Arsenal have been playing great football for 6 years but not won jack shit. And that's because their house isn't in order. In fact, much of Wengers initial success came from the back 5 he inherited from Graham. I'm of the belief that Mancini is competent in both the attacking and defending arts. The kind of free flowing football we saw last night will be the norm IMO. But in order to get there we have had to go through a process. Not just of personnel, but character building, culture, mentality (it takes time for a manager to instill his) and tactics.

Talk of "he should have done this earlier, we'd have won the league" is crazy.

I mean, it has essentially been the same structure all season. The much maligned "3 DMs" won us the FA Cup semi and final.

He deserves so much credit for what he has done.

Your spot on with what you say! I realised this! what frustrates me is other fans do NOT! I realised he was the be's knees after watching about 6 games! And if check my posts back to when he first came I actually said he is one of the best managers we have ever had! Certain fans read to many papers to get there opinions!

i knew after 6 minutes he had a lot to learn. hull away frightened me to death.

Only thing Mancini had to learn about was his player!

Fans can call it negativity I call it organisation! For Mancini to actually get us as club where we are and win a cup! Actually shows what a world class manager he is!

Re: Re: I said he had 8 games to prove me wrong, I'm sorry but..

fbloke said:
bitterbilly said:
fbloke, you have to say this because we've won the cup and got a good chance of finishing 3rd, so you would look stupid to question Mancini anymore but to question him after the Liverpool defeat only shows how negative you are, I bet your a right moaning **** and one of them who doesn't do the poznan, why don't you try getting behind the team.

Yeah, spot on mate that's exactly what I am - I am so negative all the time.

Ask Billy Shears and Didsbury Dave and many others about my constant negativity I am sure they will back you up.

I enjoyed doing several Poznans last night as well but lets not ruin a good theory eh!

I think I saw you do at least 3 Poznans, possibly a 4th! Thoroughly enjoyed meeting you last night FBloke.

I can vouch that he's certainly not a 'moaning ****' as you so eloquently put it.

Blue Haze said:
I don't understand this mentality that you either have to have complete faith in a manager or you must want him out.

Is it alright to share the opinion of the board? IE that we set targets and base our opinion of the manager on those expectations. I don't understand this faith stuff, we're not a church.

Sooner or later you have to put faith into one of our managers! Quite frankly we have a world class manager! If fans can't have faith in Mancini after this season! Well they should give up supporting and watching football for good'

Re: Re: I said he had 8 games to prove me wrong, I'm sorry but..

Cake said:
fbloke said:
bitterbilly said:
fbloke, you have to say this because we've won the cup and got a good chance of finishing 3rd, so you would look stupid to question Mancini anymore but to question him after the Liverpool defeat only shows how negative you are, I bet your a right moaning **** and one of them who doesn't do the poznan, why don't you try getting behind the team.

Yeah, spot on mate that's exactly what I am - I am so negative all the time.

Ask Billy Shears and Didsbury Dave and many others about my constant negativity I am sure they will back you up.

I enjoyed doing several Poznans last night as well but lets not ruin a good theory eh!

I think I saw you do at least 3 Poznans, possibly a 4th! Thoroughly enjoyed meeting you last night FBloke.

I can vouch that he's certainly not a 'moaning ****' as you so eloquently put it.

Ha ha ha you only saw me do Poznans as I was sat behind you ;-)

Mine were of the advanced variety as well as I had one tall guy on one side, but his missus next to me NOT doing it and one short guy the other side bouncing at twice the rate of the tall dude.

Itwasunbelievablejeff

Just heard that as well as the usual Balti pies City are selling Humble Pie too for next season. Looks like there'll be plenty buying it! :)

waspish said:
Blue Haze said:
I don't understand this mentality that you either have to have complete faith in a manager or you must want him out.

Is it alright to share the opinion of the board? IE that we set targets and base our opinion of the manager on those expectations. I don't understand this faith stuff, we're not a church.

Sooner or later you have to put faith into one of our managers! Quite frankly we have a world class manager! If fans can't have faith in Mancini after this season! Well they should give up supporting and watching football for good'

Like Chelsea in Ancelotti?
'Arsene knows', he did make the Invincibles after all.

Mancini is no different. If he performs, he will be retained. If he does not, he won't. It's not faith, it's the same requirements every other person in the world faces at their job. He performed, so that's good.

Blue Haze said:
bluefandk said:
Damocles said:
There's lots of people missing my point here.

Mancini's system has generally been the same in every game since he's been here. We did change for the Liverpool game, then changed back straight away. However, there has been a noticeable difference in our execution of the plans.

We are a far more fluid and attacking team now, simply because our defenders are sitting much higher than they were, and our wingers are getting used to the full backs. Also, Toure is adapting to his role much better the last two months.

We aren't playing the same way as we were in January, but we ARE using the same system.

So what you are saying is that over time Mancinis system started to work?

So even great manegers need time?

Mancini hasnt changed anything his footballing philosophy is exactly the same as it was at Inter.

It also helps when we're not using Milner as a winger and Boateng as a RB.

It's taken Milner almost the entire season to find his way back to his natural position.
Because Barry is injured

My opinion for what it's worth:

You can look at formations, graphs, diagrams and stats all day long but the one thing that's happened over the last month and made us look better as a team is our mentality in the last third.

We seem to be pressing the ball further up the field (dare i say like Barca) rather than dropping off and letting the opposition have it until they get in our last third.

We also seem to be breaking with pace and switching the ball quicker from flank to flank, instead of taking 3/4 passes to switch flank it's taking 1/2.

This maybe down to us getting a second wind after our Europa exit i don't know but it's something that is certainly making us tick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.