I think hughes should stay... end of!!!!

I think Hughes should stay....to the end of next week
Oh, ok then Monday 25th..then bugger off

blueinsa said:
PoolHustler said:
Cheesy said:
PoolHustler said:
Hughes In. Not heard anyone of the players say a bad word about him tbh (apart from Jo & Elano) and who cares what those two fannys think anyway. Was always impressed with Blackburn when Hughes was in charge and I really hope he's giving the chance to bring us silverware.

In any walk of life people tend not to slag their boss off in public :-) It tends to be detrimental to your career.

He was as impressive at Blackburn as Souness was. Actually, Souness won a trophy with them ;-)
Haha, but ask any Blackburn fan who they would rather have back and it would be 100% Hughes. Why do you continue with this "Blackburn" thing??? We are now the richest club in the world and in an unrivalled position financially! Do you honestly believe that if Blackburn were in the same situation they would want Hughes back 100%? Do you?

Also regarding players not slagging off their boss in public, I would agree it would be stupid of them to do that, but if he really didnt have a clue what he was doing then surely he would have lost the dressing room by now!

Couldn't give a flying fuck about Blackburn, I was just making a comparison of what Hughes did for them and what he could do for us giving the chance.

We all want to see City win trophies that goes without saying, but there's a right way and a wrong way to go about things, I would hate City to go out and BUY the Premier League with a team full of marquee signings and a marquee manager to boot and in the process become the most hated team in the world.

PoolHustler said:
We all want to see City win trophies that goes without saying, but there's a right way and a wrong way to go about things, I would hate City to go out and BUY the Premier League with a team full of marquee signings and a marquee manager to boot and in the process become the most hated team in the world.

I'd love to see us buy a team full of marquee signings and a marquee manager, and if that makes us the most hated team in the world then so be it.

moomba said:
PoolHustler said:

I'd love to see us buy a team full of marquee signings and a marquee manager, and if that makes us the most hated team in the world then so be it.

^ Absof*ckinloutely. p.s. Just what did he do for Blackburn? I will tell you what he did. He got them to be a mid-table, so-so team that lost about the same number of games it won most seasons! Just like he has done with us this year! The difference this year he has spent more money than he ever has and has still shown himself to be just not good enough!

moomba said:
PoolHustler said:

Wouldn't be as satisfying though would it mate.

I hope they give Hughes another year at least, he's done well in my opinion considering the mess the team was in at the start of the season.

PoolHustler said:
moomba said:
PoolHustler said:

I hope they give Hughes another year at least, he's done well in my opinion considering the mess the team was in at the start of the season.
Mate, im not too sure what your trying to say here? Look to "win" things in this day and age you unfortunately need to have 1: Marquee signings 2:A Marquee manager. 3:Money to buy the first two. Do you really think that we can do it any other way? When, and we will, win the league and other silverware, we will be accused of, yes thats right, buying our success and they will be right because unfortunatley it's the only way to do it. IMO

blueinsa said:
moomba said:
PoolHustler said:

^ Absof*ckinloutely. p.s. Just what did he do for Blackburn? I will tell you what he did. He got them to be a mid-table, so-so team that lost about the same number of games it won most seasons! Just like he has done with us this year! The difference this year he has spent more money than he ever has and has still shown himself to be just not good enough!

When he joined Blackburn they were relegation fodder and he turned them into a regular top 8 team with little or no money. He took them as far as they could go imo.
And look where they are now!

PoolHustler said:
blueinsa said:
moomba said:
PoolHustler said:

When he joined Blackburn they were relegation fodder and he turned them into a regular top 8 team with little or no money. He took them as far as they could go imo.
And look where they are now!

But we are and i mean no disrespect to either yourself or Blackburn in a completely unrivalled position now. One that will enable us to put ourselves in to a position that Blackburn never could. What im trying to say is that whilst ive no doubt Blackburn would take Hughes back tomorrow, im also in no doubt that any of the stellar (spelling?) teams across Europe, the one's we hope to be competing against from now on, would even think twice about appointing Hughes. Yes everyone has to start somewhere and for clubs without the finances that weve got you have no option but to give people a start and hope they come off and yes sometimes they do, but we really cant afford to waste any more time. if you can afford the best then you get the best!

blueinsa said:
PoolHustler said:
moomba said:
PoolHustler said:

Mate, im not too sure what your trying to say here? Look to "win" things in this day and age you unfortunately need to have 1: Marquee signings 2:A Marquee manager. 3:Money to buy the first two. Do you really think that we can do it any other way? When, and we will, win the league and other silverware, we will be accused of, yes thats right, buying our success and they will be right because unfortunatley it's the only way to do it. IMO

Who says you need a marquee manager, was Mourinho a marquee manager when he joined Porto? No he wasn't. So I say give Hughes the chance to become that marquee manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.