I Want de Jong Out of The Team Part II

Didsbury Dave said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Just goes to show, some might be blues, but they know fook all about football.

This appears to surprise you for some reason, Tolm.

10 minutes any day on here illustrates that point beyond any doubt.

True enough!

I wonder what Alan Rickman makes of it?

Probably thinks Micah Richards is the born-again incarnate of Maicon.

Oh look, the "if you disagree with me, you know fuck all about football" crowd is back. What a lovely addition to Bluemoon you all are.

Besides, De Jong isn't world class. There are two world class players in the world at the moment, and neither of them is him.

Comparatively though, he's probably the best anchorman around at the moment; at least, I can't think of anybody better.

Sabster said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
World class, mate. That was Barry's best game in a City shirt, ask yourself why?

Possibly because in De Jong and Milner, he has the people who can handle his previous responsibilities a lot better.

You may not have been previously critical of Milner, but there were scores in the transfer thread that were.

Barry has allways been excellent, last season included. People just forget about him. He has more ability than De Jong and worksa lot harder than him.

Aside from the opening three games of last season, Barry has been lamentable in terms of form.

What have you been watching, man?

Barry provided the first real glimpse last night, of the player we all thought we were buying.

If falling to the ground to earn an easy free-kick, for the majority of last season, akin to Didi Hamann, and with similar levels of pace, is construed as excellent form, no wonder you do not appreciate the talents of De Jong.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:27 am --<br /><br />
johnmc said:
Damocles said:
Comparatively though, he's probably the best anchorman around at the moment; at least, I can't think of anybody better.

Most sucessful teams don't play with one who can defend and defend only

Yeah, those guys Essien, Mikel are so prolific.

If your only gripe is he doesn't score goals, you are blinkered to what De Jong's talents and role is.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Sabster said:
Barry has allways been excellent, last season included. People just forget about him. He has more ability than De Jong and worksa lot harder than him.

Aside from the opening three games of last season, Barry has been lamentable in terms of form.

Barry provided the first real glimpse last night, of the player we all thought we were buying.

If falling to the ground to earn an easy free-kick, for the majority of last season, akin to Didi Hamann, and with similar levels of pace, is construed as excellent form, no wonder you do not appreciate the talents of De Jong.

Last season, GB kept the ball extremely well and was extremely composed on the ball, worked extremely hard made crucial tackles and read the game well. Furthermore is was very unflattering for him to have someone with the the technical ability (or lack of) of De Jong, playing next to him.

Just because you don't see him go clattering into the back of a player (in the way that De Jong does), does not mean he has had a bad game. It just shows how little people understand football when people say Gareth Barry does nothing, it is like people can only remeber the important parts of games.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
If falling to the ground to earn an easy free-kick, for the majority of last season, akin to Didi Hamann, and with similar levels of pace, is construed as excellent form, no wonder you do not appreciate the talents of De Jong.

You are the king of the "you know eff all" "don't understand football" "dont know what your on about" clan.

At the minute it would seem that if any midfielder has a good game then it is because De Jong allowed them to!!!

He is a defensive midfielder. He didnt have much to do last night but what he did he did well. Milner and Barry made as many crucial tackles as him and offered more at the top end.

This is like the "We were musical, he was different" sketch.

Sabster, get your arse back to the Guardian chalkboard posted earlier on in the thread. You're the one who reckoned last time that stats mean everything, weren't you? "The stats don't lie"?

I'm drifting towards the "Rag, troll or WUM" tag here.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Sabster said:

-- Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:27 am --

johnmc said:

If your only gripe is he doesn't score goals, you are blinkered to what De Jong's talents and role is.

It is comments like this that really make me wonder whether you understand football at all. Essien can bass can dribble can shoot and gets forward. Mikel barely tackles and is a deep lying playmaker who passes the ball very well and always keeps play ticking over. De Jong fulfills neither of those roles.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:36 am --<br /><br />
Interstate 5 said:
This is like the "We were musical, he was different" sketch.

Sabster, get your arse back to the Guardian chalkboard posted earlier on in the thread. You're the one who reckoned last time that stats mean everything, weren't you? "The stats don't lie"?

I'm drifting towards the "Rag, troll or WUM" tag here.

I agree, stats don't lie, which of our midfielders have made more tackles this season De Jong? Barry? Yaya? or Milner?

Surely it must be De Jong as he is god?

tolmie's hairdoo said:

If your only gripe is he doesn't score goals, you are blinkered to what De Jong's talents and role is.[/quote]

I can't see where I stated that i expect him to score goals????

strongbowholic said:
Further to a similarly titled thread the other day - and this is not a pop at the original poster of that thread - but I watched de Jong intently tonight...

In the role he plays for us, I've got to say, that was a world class performance tonight and one of the best performances in a City shirt I've seen in a helluva long time. The boy is immense, end of. Tackled like a lion, simple ball each time he won it, excellent recovery; just superb, utterly superb.

"I want de Jong out of the team.." give your head a wobble.

My only criticism tonight in any way, shape or form was that it was an absolute travesty the kid did not pick up the Man of the Match award.

Seriously, the kid carries on like this and it won't be long before your Real Madrid and Barcelona start casting envious eyes.
Amen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.