I want Germans

Joehannes said:
joeCTID said:
ell said:
Svens season. Thought he was similar to what Barry was this season unsung hero so to speak

I'm sure the home FA Cup game against Forest was under Hughes? 3-0 I think?

yep, Hughes. 08/09, Bridge was brought out to see the fans at half-time if I remember correctly.

Haha, at the time I remember being positive about seeing him presented at H/T. With hindsight it would have depressed me even more.

LoveCity said:
Tevez City said:
LoveCity said:
He can play on the right wing too.

So can Nasri and Silva.

Neither is very good on the wing. Here is the thing with Gotze, he's better than Silva was at 19 and at 19 is arguably already as good if not better than Nasri is now. Imagine what he could be like at 21, 23, 25. Unless of some unexpected problem in his career he's going to be one of the world's best which is why he's worth a heavy investment even now. If anyone could pry him away from Dortmund they could have him for 10+ years.

If you gave me a straight choice between Gotze and Hazard, I'd definitely choose Gotze.

Your talking to Hazard Chelsea don't ya know.

Edwaardz said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
Can't beat German engineering, efficient workhorses. Can't remember us having a German flop in our history. Rosler, Tarnat, Trautmann.

Get Hummels and Gotze

Sell Kolo and Johnson

Job done. Achtung baby.

I don't think Gotze will leave for a couple of years.

But Hummels, it's a weird one. I haven't seen him being linked with ANYONE, not one rumour. And I know that normally means that he's settled and doesn't want to leave but I haven't seen him state that anywhere either, and normally with all big players you'll be able to find a piece somewhere where they've said they want to stay at a club for however long and so on.

Hummels is the better half of their CB pairing, which I think is arguably the best partnership in Europe at the moment. He's the brains in the partnership, and he's exceptional in all parts of defending. He spots danger in an instant. What he tends to do is step forward, intercept, take a touch and then play a cross-field pass to the wings. His passing is something a lot of people are impressed by.

Physically he's perfect for a CB, 6 ft 4 with a big leap, very strong. He has all the attributes a world class defender needs and he's only 22!

An added bonus is that he's got a mean penalty kick too :P

YES Hummels would be a great addition to the back 4 both Kompany & Hummels are very tactical
and both are very good in the air..... Richards-Kompany-Hummels-Clichy Would be amazing !

joeCTID said:
ell said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
That season past me by. In which of Didi's seasons did we get twamped by Forest in the FAC? That season he was exceeding dire!
Svens season. Thought he was similar to what Barry was this season unsung hero so to speak

It was. He barely played under Hughes, who he didn't enjoy being managed by. In Didi's first season, he was injured for a long time plus his manger and team mates were generally not up to the job and his attributes were wasted: he was trying to play the game on a different level from most of the team if you watched him carefully, which I did.

OB1 said:
It was. He barely played under Hughes, who he didn't enjoy being managed by. In Didi's first season, he was injured for a long time plus his manger and team mates were generally not up to the job and his attributes were wasted: he was trying to play the game on a different level from most of the team if you watched him carefully, which I did.
I agree DH was real class. Precise weighted passes, intelligence, great vision and composure. Its a pity he wasnt a little younger when we had him. I was a big fan.

That goal Tarnat scored at blackburn

Magic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSlrmhL3PFk&feature=player_detailpage#t=6s[/youtube]

Joehannes said:
joeCTID said:
ell said:

yep, Hughes. 08/09, Bridge was brought out to see the fans at half-time if I remember correctly.
That was an awful day. What an underwhelming signing. I was getting a pint at half time and ssn were reporting Elano wanted out, he got dogs abuse that 2nd half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.