I want to join the army

Phil Meup said:
Goo said:
Don't join the army!
Why? You regret the stuff that you don't do, not the stuff you do.
You've got to want to do it for yourself though.

He's already said he has children, and his aim is to "make them proud". As other posters have said, putting himself in harms way isn't the best idea really is it? God forbid you were to die in Iraq or Afghanistan then he has a child growing up never knowing his father. This is just one of the MANY tragedies of war!

We all have dads, and I would think most of us are immensely proud of them. It's not the job they have which makes us proud of them, its their unconditional love and knowing they're there for you which makes you proud.

Judging by the OP's comments, it sounds like the child already has that. Sure, money may help with bringing up a child, but there are many ways of attaining it.

Have a try out with the TA. If its not for you then you can fuck it off. If it goes well for you then you'll be you'll be guided as to what will be your best path into the forces.

Davs 19 said:
ElanJo said:
Wants to make kid proud

Is prepared to have kid grow up fatherless

This.

I'm sure you can come up with something that doesn't involve training to kill , or be killed.

I bet you're a great dad and your child will love you whatever you do for a living

Give yourself the best chance to let them do that.
Not sure how joining the army is making his kid grow up fatherless. Ok there may be times when he's away but that don't exactly make you fatherless. And joining the army to kill or be killed. Really. Going on tour will make up such a small percentage of his army career if he even went on tour at all

leachy said:
Davs 19 said:
ElanJo said:
Wants to make kid proud

This.

I'm sure you can come up with something that doesn't involve training to kill , or be killed.

I bet you're a great dad and your child will love you whatever you do for a living

Not sure how joining the army is making his kid grow up fatherless. Ok there may be times when he's away but that don't exactly make you fatherless. And joining the army to kill or be killed. Really. Going on tour will make up such a small percentage of his army career if he even went on tour at all

You need to re- read the posts you're quoting mate.

leachy said:
Davs 19 said:
ElanJo said:
Wants to make kid proud

This.

Good god I was on tour or at least half my army career!

Davs 19 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Davs 19 said:
This.

Awww,so sweet.......

A new low even by your subterranean standards. God forbid you have a friend or relative that dies in service but if you do, let's see if you still think that possibility is something to take the piss out of.

You really should think before posting.

Think before i post? you know nothing about me.

Do you think it might be possible the vocation was not the subject of my remark?

Some can,some wish they could,others choose not to......... Let the man make his own path.

FantasyIreland said:
Davs 19 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Awww,so sweet.......

A new low even by your subterranean standards. God forbid you have a friend or relative that dies in service but if you do, let's see if you still think that possibility is something to take the piss out of.

You really should think before posting.

Think before i post? you know nothing about me.

Do you think it might be possible the vocation was not the subject of my remark?

Some can,some wish they could,others choose not to......... Let the man make his own path.

Not classy enough to apologize. Not bright enough to mount a convincing recovery.

I know all I need to know.

Enjoy the rest of your evening. Probably best we don't trouble each other again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.