I was annoyed when Dzeko equalised.

mrtwiceaseason said:
still to this day i have never seen a team restart a game like qpr did that day.a convensional restart we wouldnt of been champs .why they launched it straight to hart ive no idea but thank you

Mourinho's Inter did similar stuff in CL semis at Camp Nou. He said he instructed them to give them the ball as soon as they get it so they don't lose a defending shape.

Pissed off. Thought it's too late now. The only City goal I didn't feel jubilant about. Too late. The fans around me were aroused and interested but I didn't move an inch. And then moments later..........

It felt like Super Kevin Horlocks goal at Wembley 99.
Too little too late.
Then the euphoria

I couldn't get a ticket for the day, so me and a few mates went to mary D's to watch it. I lasted until the 70th minute and just couldn't stand it any more so se left and stood outside the stadium. 5 minutes later I just had to leave and go home. I was emotionally wrecked. I was in the back of a black cab just about to get on the M602. Me and my mate were sat there and we could hear the game in the radio very quietly. As we went up through the gears entering the start of the motorway at Ordsal roundabout, the taxi driver said "oh you have just scored". I looked at my mate, we made eye contact and just shook our heads, didn't even utter a word, we didn't need to. Sat in the outside lane of the M602, I stare at the meter, it was nearing £20. We had just gone underneath the famous Eccles Glass Bridge, and the taxi driver started saying "you've scored, you've scored". My mate mumbled to turn the radio up on full volume, I thought the driver was lying, and I would have punched the **** in the face if he was. The radio went up, and then it hit us what had happened. The taxi was ordered to turn around, and back to the Etihad we went. So basically, the length of the M602 my life had changed. The start of it typical city had kicked in, by the end if it we were champions.

MSP said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
still to this day i have never seen a team restart a game like qpr did that day.a convensional restart we wouldnt of been champs .why they launched it straight to hart ive no idea but thank you

Mourinho's Inter did similar stuff in CL semis at Camp Nou. He said he instructed them to give them the ball as soon as they get it so they don't lose a defending shape.
Interesting but by doing that they have put pressure on themselves straight away whereas a conventional restart they could of gone backwards to the goalkeeper and run the clock down and no aguero moment.strange to think it was that decision at that moment that effectively changed the history of mcfc

pride in battle said:
And another thing, two days later, my wife, daughter and I, wrote down our thoughts and feelings of the day, its incredible to read it back, the feelings etc
Three days later I was still getting palpitations thinking.....what if Aguero had missed......
Just think what you have gone through if he had gone down and it had been a Mario penalty with the last kick to win the league !!!

I was like Oh My God, how fucking cruel, typical City, so close, how can you do this to me you bastards... and then :)

Pam said:
SteWadda said:
Chris in London said:
get over it bollocks. I will talk about that day until the cows come home.

I had not given up hope even before he scored, because although we needed two goals to go in, in not many minutes, a goal at Sunderland was just as good for us as scoring ourselves. I knew I was clinging on to hope by my fingernails but I had not let go. When Dzeko scored we only had a couple of minutes left, but there were still a couple of minutes left at Sunderland also. I got excited when he scored, because there were still two chances for us to win the league: one by Sunderland equalising, the other a goal from Aguerooooooooo.....

There's a separate forum for city history

Did someone run over your pet cat today or something?
Go on Pam be a devil ess,go round and criticise his curtains. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.