I was there when...

allan harper said:
going to villa only to get as far as blackpool and it was snowed off spent the day in blackpool ten pin bowling and getting drunk,
then the rearrannge mid week fixture stuffing them 5-1 at villa park.....think david white got a couple....

and

"bastard, one nil down"..........."good tackle neil poin fuckoff ref why did you send him off ffs"

"PENATLY!!!" "CURLEYS TAKING IT!"

"10 men you couldnt beat 10 men, you couldnt beat 10 men"

Blue Lloyd said:
sdm said:
allan harper said:
going to villa only to get as far as blackpool and it was snowed off spent the day in blackpool ten pin bowling and getting drunk,
then the rearrannge mid week fixture stuffing them 5-1 at villa park.....think david white got a couple....
He got 4 that night mate:) A great night that was.

He did indeed get four and Mark Brennan (remember him?) got the other. Villas goal was a Platt penalty down at the Holte End.
Shows what i know,thought it was Ward,yep ,i remember Brennan,a bit like most of our side at the time,fuckin crap.

sdm said:
allan harper said:

Fucking hell he did indeed, thanks for reminding me...

sdm said:
Blue Lloyd said:
sdm said:
allan harper said:

He did indeed get four and Mark Brennan (remember him?) got the other. Villas goal was a Platt penalty down at the Holte End.
Shows what i know,thought it was Ward,yep ,i remember Brennan,a bit like most of our side at the time,fuckin crap.

Wasnt ward the year before there, reid got the other won 2-1

Blue Lloyd said:
sdm said:
allan harper said:

City end was full and i was sat behind the dug out that night... was a teenager at the time, sat on my hands for the first two of white's goals... when he got his hatrick (our 4th) i jumped up... thought i might be in for some stick but got away with it, so was going mental when the 5th went in... Stevie Redmond turned round and gave us the thumbs up... great night - great to look at the blues in full voice and be on the receiving end!!!

Prestwich_Blue said:
Micah's last gasp goal at Villa in the FA Cup.

Ah but were any of you in their Boardroom sat around the table drinking the cans of lager left in the fridge in there. I was along with about 50 other fans, some numpty had left an emergency exit door open in the City end and the blues fans decided to help themselves unfortunately one fan went to far and tried to throw a chair threw the trophy cabinet window! thankfully it was unbreakable.

My main memory was when Doyle & Macari were at it and the ref (Neil Midgeley I think) had to take the players off at Maine Road to calm down. Also at Ewood Park when we lost 4-0 when Scott Sellars tore Gerry Taggart apart when he played RIGHT back for us and thinking what a sh*t day it was only to listen on the radio with a coach load of silent blues on the way home to the tragic events of Hillsboro unfold. RIP

I was there when Ian Brightwell came and sat with the fans at Port Vale with Nicky Summerbee, joining in the singing, stood up during if you hate Man Utd clap your hands, nudging Summerbee who is a RAG. (it was the season when we had 6 managers)

Always knew Bobby was a legend, that day confirmed it...

allan harper said:

Went to Spuds only for a waterlogged pitch to cause a postponement one hour from kick off!

Trigger said:
allan harper said:

Went to Spuds only for a waterlogged pitch to cause a postponement one hour from kick off!

Mate feel for you, what was the time of the postpoment of the pompy game this year?

allan harper said:
Trigger said:
allan harper said:

Mate feel for you, what was the time of the postpoment of the pompy game this year?

About 10ish we had got to Gloucester !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.