I was wrong, I was right & yet to be proved.

I was wrong when I though Paul Moulden was going to score lots of goals for us & go on to play for England,
I was wrong when I thought Ian Bowyer was rubbish & would never make it as a footballer,
I was right when I said we should sign a promising young striker called Sergio Aguero :-)
Paul Moulden was a very good finisher - but he had the pace of a disabled snail.

I was right about John Stones. Back when he had that long run of injuries and was a fringe player and often out form he was written off on here. I was one of a few that said he had the ability to turn it around if he could get a run in the team.

I was wrong about Christian Negouai. I listened to Kev Keegans comments about how good he was and thought he was going to lead us back to greatness.

I don't think McAtee will make it with us. People are getting far to giddy. But he will have a great career and that is the important thing. So good luck to him.
First paragraph GM is an Eccles Blue troll :-)

Wrong about Rodri. Thought he'd only thrive in a slower league.

Right about Grealish - just needed time and confidence.

Don't want to be right but I think Palmer will have a pretty unremarkable career after the early promise.

I was Wrong about Zaba, watched his first game a he was diving in like a headless chicken and I thought he looked like someone who’d never played football

Right: Sterling, doesn’t even flatter to deceive any more.

Wrong: Stones would not resurrect his career, because I thought his injuries were chronic mechanics/musculature issues.

TBD: Phillips. Think it’s in him, but haven’t seen nearly enough of it, even though it’s patently obvious what “the job” is.

Last edited:
I was wrong about the popularity of many recent third shirts.

I was right about purple on the hone shirt in the 125th season being crap and probably cursed.

I will probably be right and say seasoncard prices and football tickets will rise and rise again next season. Yet to be proved.

Wrong: about the media not having an agenda against City and being pro-Redshirts, I said they didn’t and if they did it wasn’t as bad as people thought. Now I can’t even read anything unless Martin Samuel has written it and I refuse to watch or listen any sports channels/stations.

Right: about John Stones being an absolute beast of a player and would become one of the best (I said ‘future City and England captain’ at one point, so maybe I got a bit carried away, but even so…).

Yet to be proved: that Jude Bellingham is and will be nothing special. He’s just a decent enough player for his age who flings his arms in the air in disgust at his teammates and calls them all stupid cunts all the time even when it’s him who’s been shit and we shouldn’t be going anywhere near him.

Wrong: about the media not having an agenda against City and being pro-Redshirts, I said they didn’t and if they did it wasn’t as bad as people thought. Now I can’t even read anything unless Martin Samuel has written it and I refuse to watch or listen any sports channels/stations.

Right: about John Stones being an absolute beast of a player and would become one of the best (I said ‘future City and England captain’ at one point, so maybe I got a bit carried away, but even so…).

Yet to be proved: that Jude Bellingham is and will be nothing special. He’s just a decent enough player for his age who flings his arms in the air in disgust at his teammates and calls them all stupid cunts all the time even when it’s him who’s been shit and we shouldn’t be going anywhere near him.i

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.