I was wrong, I was right & yet to be proved.

Worng - Grealish. With all that PL experience at Villa + all that talent, I thought he would just drop into the team ala Ederson/Dias and have an immediate and emboldening effect on the team. Took a while!

Right - Stones, a classy player.

TBC - Phillips, see Grealish above. Might not see anything of him until next season save for 30mins here and there, but if he can improve with learning from world class teammates, coupled with Pep's magic dust, then we might have another Kante in our squad. And that would be amazeballs.
Before Grealish came to City, he’d played more games outside the Prem (89 in the Championship for Villa and 37 in League One for NottsCo… 126 games in total) than he had Premier League games for Villa (96). And all of his Prem experience for Villa was in the bottom half, struggling.

I think you could see that in him n’all. I think that’s one factor for why it took him so long to get into his stride at City. Despite having the talent in his locker somewhere, he didn’t have anywhere near the experience of the Prem and no experience of top level football (title level challenges and CL) as a 26 year old to hit the ground running.

I still think there’s a lot more to come from Jack. I would be disappointed if this was his top level. He’s only just got into his prime and he’s only just gaining that top level experience now. In another year, as a 28 year old with a full season at the top level (remember last season he barely started any of the big games in the season run-in, Liverpool, Atléti, Madrid, Villa etc.), I think he’ll be a lot better than he’s even been this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before Grealish came to City, he’d played more games outside the Prem (89 in the Championship for Villa and 37 in League One for NottsCo… 126 games in total) than he had Premier League games for Villa (96). And all of his Prem experience for Villa was in the bottom half, struggling.

I think you could see that in him n’all. I think that’s one factor for why it took him so long to get into his stride at City. Despite having the talent in his locker somewhere, he didn’t have anywhere near the experience of the Prem and no experience of top level football (title level challenges and CL) as a 26 year old to hit the ground running.

I still think there’s a lot more to come from Jack. I would be disappointed if this was his top level. He’s only just got into his prime and he’s only just gaining that top level experience now. In another year, as a 28 year old with a full season at the top level (remember last season he barely started any of the big games in the season run-in, Liverpool, Atléti, Madrid, Villa etc.), I think he’ll be a lot better than he’s even been this season.
Really well put. Agreed.

I didnt think pep would extend his contract further.. Wrong
Sterling isnt a top tier footballer.. Right
Artetas touchline antics around the turn of the year rubbed off (fnar) off on his players, tis a marathon not a sprint, shot their bolt miles too early (fnar #2)

On a totally unrelated point gabriel jesus & oleks zinchenko are really likeable guys, gave their all for City, are good premier league players & should be held in high esteem next Wednesday. They were both back ups at City & for good reason, they are not the game changers on the pitch or in mindset that are going to win the title for arsenal,although the meedya would have you believe otherwise.

Wrong: Derby Day final unlikely

Right: Derby Day final to cause prematch nervousness with 10 games remaining

Yet to prove: half and half scarves at a Derby final

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.