I wish Everton get tookover by filthy rich lads

everton where known as the bank of england club back in the sixties and seventies. backed by the moores family ,funded by pools money. so everton where in fact one of the first clubs to have pots of cash to spend and didnt they spend it well goodison park what a dump of a ground ,sorry i will leave it there let the toffee noses dwell on their history, because as a clud definately havent got a future . moyes what has he done got them into europe so has a lot of so called smaller clubs done the same ie bolton , fulham . all moyes is a typical moaning scouser 9i know he is a jock)

danburge82 said:
Fuck them being taken over. I wish Everton would get relegated!

I hate these hypocrtical pricks. Not as much as I despise the Rags but they are second, way ahead of the likes of Spurs. Since 31st August 2008, every week without fail, often much more frequently, on the radio phone-ins or Internet message boards some Toffee twat will spurt out the same old line of; "Who are Man City? Everton are a much bigger club with a much greater history. It should have been us who were taken over by a Sheikh!" at the same time as them all slagging us off for "selling or soul" or "ruining football" or some bitter old tripe.

I'm fuckin bored to death of them!

They've dirtied this particular message board in their hundreds and given it large, weekly, about how much bigger they are than us and their "history". History, well, a bit of a boring history if you ask me. What is it 107 seasons in the top flight? But they've only won the league nine times. So without relegations and remarkably few league titles considering how BIG they are, they've spent the majority of their history in mid-table obscurity boring the pants off everyone. Where's the character in that? Where are the stories of going to places like Lincoln on a dark, wet, cold Tuesday night, losing and being 14th in the third division; then getting 32134 in the next game at home to York? Where are all the fun memories of promotions getting 65000 at home to Charlton and winning 5-1 in the 80's? Where are the memories of being 2-0 down at Wembley and scoring two goals in injury time then winning on penalties then being promoted again the following year with a record points gained and goals scored? They have none! All that time they were getting 0-0's against everyone (Everton have drawn more games than any club in English football history!) and finished 11th.

"And if you know yer history, it's enough to make yer heart go YAAAAAWN!"

If you add together our:
2 first division titles
7 second division titles
4 second division pormotions (runners-up)
1 third division play-off win

4 FA Cups
2 League Cups
and our fantastic European Cup Winners Cup triumph

We have had 21 seasons where we have celebrated something. That is actually two more season of celebrating something than Everton have.

Look at our most famous and well thought of players: Billy Meredith, Tommy Johnson, Sam Cowan, Eric Brook, Fred Tilson, Frank Swift, Peter Doherty, Roy Clarke, Bert Trautmann, Ken Barnes, Roy Paul, Alan Oakes, Neil Young, Mike Summerbee, Colin Bell, Tony Book, Francis Lee, Joe Corrigan, Paul Lake, Naill Quinn, Uwe Rösler...
That list would stand shoulder to shoulder with ANY other English clubs hall of fame, United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Everton.

Our attendace records are very similar. Our record crowd at Maine Road was 84569 against Stoke in the FA Cup; Everton's is 78299. City's average top league attendace is 28631; Everton's is 31023.

So I fail, I really do fail, to see how Everton are a bigger club with a greater history than us! Yes they have seven league titles more than we do but I've already mentioned that I wouldn't swap our relegations and promotions for their record amount of draws and mid-table finishes, no way. So nothing they can ever say will ever convince me that they are a bigger club with a greater history than us!

They will continue to be bitter about us having Sheikh Mansour because deep down they know they wish it was them. The thing that highlights it is that they keep going on the radio phone-ins and Internet message boards saying how they are a bigger club with a greater history than us and giving it all the shite about us "selling our soul" and "ruining football" but you hear relatively few Rags, Liverpool, Arsenal, Villa, Newcastle, Sunderland and Spurs fans banging on and on about the same things. There have been more Everton fans bitching and moaning about City than all them other clubs combined. They are the most bitter set of wankers in this country by far! I wish they'd just fuck off now and get relegated. No club deseres to go down more than these idiots since Hans Segars fucking cheated and kept than up in the mid 90's. A nice start would be tonight, get them fuckin stuffed... COME ON CITY!!!

If you honestly count that as real success then you truly are clutching at straws.

Gwladiator said:
danburge82 said:

I hate these hypocrtical pricks. Not as much as I despise the Rags but they are second, way ahead of the likes of Spurs. Since 31st August 2008, every week without fail, often much more frequently, on the radio phone-ins or Internet message boards some Toffee twat will spurt out the same old line of; "Who are Man City? Everton are a much bigger club with a much greater history. It should have been us who were taken over by a Sheikh!" at the same time as them all slagging us off for "selling or soul" or "ruining football" or some bitter old tripe.

They've dirtied this particular message board in their hundreds and given it large, weekly, about how much bigger they are than us and their "history". History, well, a bit of a boring history if you ask me. What is it 107 seasons in the top flight? But they've only won the league nine times. So without relegations and remarkably few league titles considering how BIG they are, they've spent the majority of their history in mid-table obscurity boring the pants off everyone. Where's the character in that? Where are the stories of going to places like Lincoln on a dark, wet, cold Tuesday night, losing and being 14th in the third division; then getting 32134 in the next game at home to York? Where are all the fun memories of promotions getting 65000 at home to Charlton and winning 5-1 in the 80's? Where are the memories of being 2-0 down at Wembley and scoring two goals in injury time then winning on penalties then being promoted again the following year with a record points gained and goals scored? They have none! All that time they were getting 0-0's against everyone (Everton have drawn more games than any club in English football history!) and finished 11th.

If you add together our:
2 first division titles
7 second division titles

4 FA Cups
2 League Cups

We have had 21 seasons where we have celebrated something. That is actually two more season of celebrating something than Everton have.

Look at our most famous and well thought of players: Billy Meredith, Tommy Johnson, Sam Cowan, Eric Brook, Fred Tilson, Frank Swift, Peter Doherty, Roy Clarke, Bert Trautmann, Ken Barnes, Roy Paul, Alan Oakes, Neil Young, Mike Summerbee, Colin Bell, Tony Book, Francis Lee, Joe Corrigan, Paul Lake, Naill Quinn, Uwe Rösler...
That list would stand shoulder to shoulder with ANY other English clubs hall of fame, United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Everton.

Our attendace records are very similar. Our record crowd at Maine Road was 84569 against Stoke in the FA Cup; Everton's is 78299. City's average top league attendace is 28631; Everton's is 31023.

So I fail, I really do fail, to see how Everton are a bigger club with a greater history than us! Yes they have seven league titles more than we do but I've already mentioned that I wouldn't swap our relegations and promotions for their record amount of draws and mid-table finishes, no way. So nothing they can ever say will ever convince me that they are a bigger club with a greater history than us!

They will continue to be bitter about us having Sheikh Mansour because deep down they know they wish it was them. The thing that highlights it is that they keep going on the radio phone-ins and Internet message boards saying how they are a bigger club with a greater history than us and giving it all the shite about us "selling our soul" and "ruining football" but you hear relatively few Rags, Liverpool, Arsenal, Villa, Newcastle, Sunderland and Spurs fans banging on and on about the same things. There have been more Everton fans bitching and moaning about City than all them other clubs combined. They are the most bitter set of wankers in this country by far! I wish they'd just fuck off now and get relegated. No club deseres to go down more than these idiots since Hans Segars fucking cheated and kept than up in the mid 90's. A nice start would be tonight, get them fuckin stuffed... COME ON CITY!!!

If you honestly count that as real success then you truly are clutching at straws.
If you read the whole post you will see that he is refering to the fact history is not just measured by how many cups or trophies you win, it's about the ups and downs, the highs and lows. Perhaps it is difficult for you to grasp this being such a successful club.
Your club just like your city is second best again to Manchester. Get over it, we have.

Gwladiator said:
danburge82 said:

If you add together our:
2 first division titles
7 second division titles

4 FA Cups
2 League Cups

It's not being counted as success but History, one that is full of incident and can be celebrated regardless of gongs. Clutching at straws is what you do when you fear the worst for the future, hardly what we're about these days is it? Perhaps that's what so difficult for Everton fans to comprehend, that despite being featherbedded from real hardship for most of your existence, you now have to experience the feeling most football fans have had to, fear, and clutching at the straw a new owner may bring is the only hope you have left.

Karma. kid, karma.

lloydie said:
Gwladiator said:

It's not being counted as success but History, one that is full of incident and can be celebrated regardless of gongs. Clutching at straws is what you do when you fear the worst for the future, hardly what we're about these days is it? Perhaps that's what so difficult for Everton fans to comprehend, that despite being featherbedded from real hardship for most of your existence, you now have to experience the feeling most football fans have had to, fear, and clutching at the straw a new owner may bring is the only hope you have left.

Karma. kid, karma.

Oh I agree but seeing as I've only lived through the Smith and Moyes eras I know all about fear.

On a separate note, what's with all the hatred?

Gwladiator said:
lloydie said:

Karma. kid, karma.

Oh I agree but seeing as I've only lived through the Smith and Moyes eras I know all about fear.

Quite agree mate, why can't some of you accept that some DECENT fans from other clubs come on here and put an alternative viewpoint than our own. Fair enough if they're just tossers, but when they're puting reasonable points /comments can't we be at least civil ?
My view is that Everton and us share a lot of similarities as clubs and maybe we would feel the same in the reverse situation, irrelevant as that is.

Gwladiator said:
lloydie said:

Karma. kid, karma.

Well remember when Bluemoon was temporarily an Everton forum?

Yeah, that's why we dislike you.

blueandy1mac said:
Gwladiator said:

Quite agree mate, why can't some of you accept that some DECENT fans from other clubs come on here and put an alternative viewpoint than our own. Fair enough if they're just tossers, but when they're puting reasonable points /comments can't we be at least civil ?
My view is that Everton and us share a lot of similarities as clubs and maybe we would feel the same in the reverse situation, irrelevant as that is.

No lack of civility here, no hatred here. I can't see why you've both chosen to read into my post things that are simply not there.

Gwlad is a decent poster and I'm previously on record as saying so. Am I thoroughly cheesed off with Everton fans coming on here (and in real life) attempting to take the moral high ground? Absolutely, and that's why I have little sympathy for Everton fans in general, it's Karma if they have to taste a little shit not hatred.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.