I wish we hadn't sold Elano.

Pam

I don't think we have enough creativity in that team. Might it have been wiser to keep Elano to give us more attacking options?

It is the fault of Hughes.

NO it is the fault of Elano, he was divisive and egotistical. If he could be judged on ability alone perhaps you would have a point, sadly that is not the case.

He is creative yes but he did not do his talent justice throughout the time he was here. He didn't do it consistently.

He would have been brilliant under mancini. We didn't get a chance to pair up tevez and elano , with Elano playing behind tevez

It's funny how quickly things can change in football. I would walk up the spirals, hear that we had three brazilians starting and my heart would soar. I can still see that ball from Elano's boot arcing into the top left hand corner, just as I told him prior to his run-up, v. The Barcodes. On Saturday we had a one on the bench and the original three? Two in Turkey, one back to Brazil, and the reason? With a heavy spirit I have to say they couldn't hack it in a full winter-blown EPL season.

But the OP is right. We need the skills of Elano in the boots and brains of someone who can stick it to the OldTopFour. Come on, Stevie, get it sorted!

People talk about Ireland not looking the same player he did last year, but thank fuck he started against Pompey. He was at least slicing open their defence with some fucking FORWARD passes and set up Ade with a 50 yard ball. Something we've been lacking sorely since he's been out. Finally some bloody creativity in midfield and look what happens.

I think ManCini would have loved elano, and he would have filled a big hole in our team.

Maybe we'll pick up someone just as good (hopefully better), but with the right attitude, in the summer.

the problem could be de jong as someone said on another post..making ppl play too negative by slowing the game and always lying so deep..se dont have a midfielder who can run passed people lead a break and take a shot or make a killer pass. but maybe vieira will be able to get some of that going.

ireland....vieira....barry that could be our midfield for the rest of the season imo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.