I wish we hadn't sold Elano.

I give this one a few pages before people get bored and another Richard Dunne Is God thread is created.

Pam said:
I don't think we have enough creativity in that team. Might it have been wiser to keep Elano to give us more attacking options?

It is the fault of Hughes.

I agree we need more creativity but players have to have the right attitude and desire to go with the talent, Elano was missing the desire to succeed on a regular basis in the prem and spat his dummy out when things didnt go his way.

it might help playing petrov in his right position every time he gets the ball he has to come inside we need him bombing forward getting crosses in, and one thing that does bug me is how slow we play it out from the back we always get either caught with the ball or put under pressure and kick it out kompany is a good player but he to me along with richards is the main culprit if you watch chelsea they zip it about really quickly from the back to the midfield something we need to work on

i liked elano he did ok for his 1st season under sven, but can anybody tell me, bobby say,s viera is very important to the team, how do you think play him, holding, central, or whatever, i have been trying to figure it out?

Oh no, not another Elano thread. The guy was a waste of space, awful attitude, and could not cut it in this league. Overrated by some many City fans. And all this "Mancini would have got the best out of him" is bollocks. Did he get the best out of Robinho? No, some players you can't get in their head, and anyone who watches us will know that its a central, deep lying, creative player we need, and Elano was not that at all. He was actually tried there by Hughes, but he does not have the physical attributes or work ethic required for that role. Player should just get over Elano, he was here and he failed, hence why he is gone.

problem is adebayor is never in the box for crosses so petrov putting them in would be useless...i dont really like petrov..hes on dimensional and hes greedy

He had about 10 good games for city, get over it and support the team. No point thinking about this now, just another boring argument about the past.

Unknown_Genius said:
Oh no, not another Elano thread. The guy was a waste of space, awful attitude, and could not cut it in this league. Overrated by some many City fans. And all this "Mancini would have got the best out of him" is bollocks. Did he get the best out of Robinho? No, some players you can't get in their head, and anyone who watches us will know that its a central, deep lying, creative player we need, and Elano was not that at all. He was actually tried there by Hughes, but he does not have the physical attributes or work ethic required for that role. Player should just get over Elano, he was here and he failed, hence why he is gone.

well he's in the europa league with the only turkish side that has won it.

and surely the aim of elano's frustration was Hughes, who picked, he scored 3 goals in 2 games and then he was dropped. He wasnt handled particualy well. He may well of caused trouble, but Hughes created the divide with poor man managment!
He wast the only one who didnt like the manager, petrov is of a similar attitude and he's still here. As for failing he still gave us 8 goals last season, and did he not finish the season with consective MON performances?

and the point of the post, is the team lacks creativty, he gave the side that. For brazil he plays on the right, as he did at the end of his city career and looked good. He can pass better than anyone in the side now! We do miss that something extra in the middle.

Oh good-ho. Another powder-puff midfielder who refuses to run forward after releasing the ball, who sits about bone-idle for most of the ninety minutes. That's just the sort of stuff that will toughen us up and get us the away results.

FFS. Do some people not understand the league we play in at all?

It's not one man's fancy flicks we miss, it's someone who has the ability to pick the team up and get the team to get a roll-on. The home form is outstanding (P 27, W 23, D 3, L 1), away is where the problem lies and I'd pick my dead great-grandmother before this waster, in such a situation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.